YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Abandon (Abandon, #1)
This topic is about Abandon
GROUP BUDDY READ > Abandon (Abandon #1) by Meg Cabot - GBR - Starting October 1st 2020

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22812 comments Mod

Though she tries returning to the life she knew before the accident, Pierce can't help but feel at once a part of this world, and apart from it. Yet she's never alone . . . because someone is always watching her. Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

But now she's moved to a new town. Maybe at her new school, she can start fresh. Maybe she can stop feeling so afraid.

Only she can't. Because even here, he finds her. That's how desperately he wants her back. She knows he's no guardian angel, and his dark world isn't exactly heaven, yet she can't stay away . . . especially since he always appears when she least expects it, but exactly when she needs him most.

But if she lets herself fall any further, she may just find herself back in the one place she most fears: the Underworld.

Abandon (Abandon #1) by Meg Cabot will be our 3rd GBR for October 2020.

Please read at your own pace, and hide any spoilers ☺ You are welcome to join at any time during the month ☺

Happy Reading Everybody!

Pre-Reading Questions -

Anybody got any thoughts on this one before we start?

Has anyone read anything similar to this before?

Anybody read anything else by this author previously?

message 4: by Jami (new)

Jami (jamireadsalot) | 1 comments I read this almost ten years ago probably, but csnt really remember much. I love a bunch of Meg Cabot books tho! Excited to recheck it out!

Kathryn Ford (cathy87) | 92 comments Gosh this girl cries a lot!

Kathryn Ford (cathy87) | 92 comments I'm half way and I'm not sure what to think yet. I don't really like the main protagonist, she seems a bit like a wilting flower. But, the story has captured my interest, so we'll just have to see what happens.