Play Book Tag discussion

September 2020: Other Books > A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn 4 *s

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MargieD2017 (new)

MargieD2017 | 264 comments There is nothing long enduring about this book; however, the delightful fun of the verbal toss back and forth between Stoker and Veronica is awesome! The novel is playful while weaving a marvelous mystery that kept you turning pages with a smile and a worry.

An orphaned, illegitimate girl is raised by her two aunts. Now as an adult, and at the death of the last aunt in 1887 England, she is swept up into a mystery of her true identity. Stoker is drafted into protecting her from what is described to him as 'she is in danger'. The plot moves along this line of discovery and threat to its conclusion.

Veronica's independent and smart character pitted against Stoker's strong and irreverent character lead to conversation that is absolutely delightful! Kudo's for the writing ability to make these conversations truly entertaining and not silly.

message 2: by Olivermagnus (new)

Olivermagnus (lynda214) | 2237 comments I like this series and have read the first four. Veronica is a card and Stoker is just such a guy. I need to pick up #5 soon.

message 3: by MargieD2017 (new)

MargieD2017 | 264 comments I'm certainly not stopping with just 1! I derived such pleasure from this book that reading more is a necessity!