Urban Fantasy series' discussion

Book Talk > 020 version of the IG READS Readers Choice Awards

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Iris Hunter (new)

Iris Hunter (InstagramREADS) (anteenix) | 8 comments description

Please add any books that will be eligible for the 2020 version of the IG READS Readers Choice Awards. GO TO GOODREADS and add your favorite books of 2020 to the listing!

You can add books published in the United States in English, including works in translation and other significant releases, between October 1, 2019, and October 1, 2020, from the fiction genres: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, Horror, Sci-fi. Adult or Ya books & series. Will be eligible for the 2020 IG READS Readers Choice Awards.

CATEGORIES FOR VOTING

Adult (stand-alone)
Best (stand-alone): Fantasy/Urban/Epic Fantasy/Paranormal Romance – Featuring: Vampires and Shifters (ADULT)
Best (stand-alone): Fantasy/Urban/Epic Fantasy/Paranormal Romance – Featuring: Sci-fi and aliens (ADULT)
Best (stand-alone): Horror/Thriller/ Dark Romance (Adult)
Best novellas & shorts (Adult)

Adult (series)
Best (Series): Fantasy/Urban/Epic Fantasy/Paranormal Romance – Featuring: Vampires and Shifters (ADULT)
Best (Series): Fantasy/Urban/Epic Fantasy/Paranormal Romance – Featuring: Sci-fi and aliens (ADULT)

YA
Best (stand-alone): Fantasy/Urban/Epic Fantasy/Paranormal Romance (Y/A & N/A)
Best (Series): Fantasy/Urban/Epic Fantasy/Paranormal Romance (Y/A & N/A)
Best Novellas & Shorts (Y/A & N/A)

Cover Love
Best Cover: Fantasy/Urban/Epic Fantasy (Y/A & N/A)
Best Cover: Fantasy/Urban/Epic Fantasy (Adult)

--------
VOTING SCHEDULE
Opening Round (rounding up books) Sept. 25 – Oct 2
Semifinal Round Oct. 12 – 16
Final Round Oct. 19 – 23
Winners Announced Oct. 25

Go here to add your favorite books of 2020 to the listing!

description

message 2: by Amyiw (new)

Amyiw | 143 comments I'm reposting this from the group I MOD at.

I am not sure who run IG reads or who they are as their website doesn't state. Seems like a Indie review promotion, which in and of itself is not a bad thing. The biggest problem I have is that the TOP votes in the "IGreads" choice awards is all by the same indie author that has more votes for his book than coincides with Goodreads ratings and that goes to the next author too. If it were an "INDIE Best (Series): Fantasy/Urban/Epic Fantasy/Paranormal Romance – Featuring: Vampires and Shifters (ADULT)" Then I would consider it valid.

Therefore after stating my opinion, I believe this is a UF/PNR indie promotion of differing authors. Not a bad thing but it is stated like it is the definite UF/PNR choice awards, yet have no bigger, not even biggest names until well down the list, most likely because the list was packed first. If you want some ideas on indie authors follow the links. Maybe the "i" in IG means Indie? But they didn't ask "Go her to add your favorite indie books of 2020 to the listing" and I find that misleading.

Top rated authors at this point are at 35 and below, like Smoke Bitten, The Sinner, and Sucker Punch, Iona Andrews, Emerald Blaze, is at 45! and There are a lot of books that don't qualify like Darkfever at 75 and publish way back or Delivering Evil for ExpertsDamned Souls and a Sangria which will not be published until after their "cut off" date of Oct 1st.

message 3: by Iris Hunter (last edited Sep 25, 2020 12:06PM) (new)

Iris Hunter (InstagramREADS) (anteenix) | 8 comments I am not sure who run IG reads or who they are as their website doesn't state. Seems like a Indie review promotion, which in and of itself is not a bad ..."

This is the second time I see this same message. I will copy/past what i already posted with the same comment on a other place.

IG Reads is the name of the review site #IGreads (InstaGram Reads) Nothing connected with Indie. We organize Book Awards since 2010. Like the announcement stated it is now a round-up round. All authors and readers can enter their 2020 books.

The second round will be a shifting with jury. Third round a round where all can vote.
As mentioned on the site. We analyze statistics from all the books added, rated, and reviewed on Goodreads to nominate 15 books in each category. Opening round official nominees must have an average rating of 3.00 or higher at the time of launch. Write-in votes may be cast for eligible books with any average rating, and write-in votes will be weighted by the book’s Goodreads statistics to determine the top five books to be added as official nominees in the Semifinal Round.

The listing is only 2 days up so i think someone just when't a little over board :)
Just add your books before oct. 2 so they can enter round 2.