What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Celebrity Bachelor
This topic is about Celebrity Bachelor
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Romance Story of a Tycoon Entrepreneur known as the Shoe or Sneaker King who wants to help his sister get enrolled in a college Incognito so no one will know who he is and more importantly his sister’s connection to him... [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Reynolds (garlandroses) | 13 comments I'm hoping someone in here will be able to help me find the name and author of a romance book (its either a Harlequin or Silhouette romance story) that is about a tycoon (or millionaire or billionaire) who is known as the shoe or sneaker king because of a specialty sports shoe he developed for athletes...or something like that.

He goes to a small campus town to help his sister enroll in the college there and he needs to do this without anyone knowing who he is and more importantly to keep his relationship to his sister a secret so she can attend college without media attention and problems...

I only have vague recollections of the story -- but I think lead female character (I can’t remember her name) is either a teacher or an administrator of the college or something like that, and she is reluctantly recruited to help him and his sister with this endeavor and of course they fall in love...

It MIGHT have been A Fool's Gold story by Susan Mallery but I can't find any storylines there that matches the one I’m thinking of, so it's probably a different series and/or author... I THINK it was part of a series for they ran into other couples and people within that community and town who had romances of their own I believe... But I'm not 100% sure that it was in a series or was a related book to another story or stories..

I wish I could remember more details about the story -- and I REALLY REALLY wish I could remember the name of the book or even the author so I can find it because I want to read it again... I hope someone in here might be able to help me out....

Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Kathy

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35739 comments Mod
Kathy, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine.

message 3: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Reynolds (garlandroses) | 13 comments Kris wrote: "Kathy, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine."

I'm not sure what year it was published...but I'm guessing it was in the late 90's to mid-2000's... (Sorry not sure what to call that decade) ... It could have also been later than that... I don't think it was published in the 80's but I could be wrong about that...

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Reynolds (garlandroses) | 13 comments I FOUND IT!! The book I was looking for is indeed in a series, just not in any of the series I was looking at. When I couldn't find the book anywhere in Susan Mallery's book list, I broadened my search to multi-author series... I didn't realize just how MANY multi-author series are out there...

So thinking that perhaps the story was in a multi-author series that Susan Mallery participated in, I narrowed my search to the ones she contributed to... I came across the Montana Mavericks series, and thinking the book might be in that series I clicked on it.

It wasn't there...but there was an author's name in the series that caught my attention. On a hunch I went to Fiction dB and clicked on that author's book series listing...and hit pay dirt!! LOL Victoria Pade is the author of the book I was looking for, and it's in her 18-book series Northbridge Nuptials. The name of the book is Celebrity Bachelor by Victoria Pade. MYSTERY SOLVED!

The two main characters in the story is Sneaker Tycoon Joshua Cantrell & College Advisor Cassie Walker. And Cassie is indeed reluctantly recruited to help him but not quite in the way I remembered it.

ANYWAY I'm excited to announce that I found the book, so this "What's the Name of this Book?" mystery is SOLVED! :D I'm not sure how to switch this post over to the solved one, so I'm hoping that one of the moderators will be able to do so for me.

Thank you!! :D
Kathy

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35739 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Kathy. Here's the link - Celebrity Bachelor by Victoria Pade.

I marked your request as Solved by clicking the small "edit" link after the header/topic title. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app.

message 6: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Reynolds (garlandroses) | 13 comments Kris wrote: "Glad you found your book, Kathy. Here's the link - Celebrity Bachelor by Victoria Pade.

I marked your request as Solved by clicking the small "edit" link after the he..."

Thank you Kris! And thank you for including the link to this book, so that anyone who is interested in reading it can do so. As for me I purchased it on Amazon Kindle last night along with several other books in the series...so now I'll always have a copy of it. LOL

I plan on purchasing the rest of the stories in the series...but will do so pretty much one at a time...LOL even though I'll be spending the same amount in the end, by purchasing a book intermittently it won't LOOK like I'm spending as much as I am on them. And it gives my husband the illusion that I'm not spending that much on books... LOL

And whenever my husband complains about how much I spend on books, I grin and laughingly tell him that he's lucky books and music are the only two luxuries I crave... I'm a bargain and low maintenance compared to what other husbands or significant others spend on their mates...for I have no interest in expensive jewelry, clothes, fine dining, or any number of other luxuries that other women seem to love and be gifted with LOL...

To me a book is worth far more than the most expensive diamond...its a treasure trove of wealth... And it is my one weakness shopping wise... Give me a good book over a diamond necklace or an unlimited shopping spree at Nordstrom's any day! :D

Kathy

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Celebrity Bachelor (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Victoria Pade (other topics)