The Rebellious Readers discussion

Random bookish stuff > Halloween Reading Plans?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Card (jayecard) Let's all post our plans for spooky Halloween reads and see whether we have any in common! Maybe we'll end up with some spontaneous buddy reads even.

I don't know for sure which I'll actually read, but my current options are:
The Monstrumologist (just got my hands on it today and it's an illustrated edition, I love)
John Dies at the End
The Picture of Dorian Grey
A Night of Blacker Darkness
Krabat
Metro 2033 (would need to find em somewhere first or get a library card)
The Willows (same for this one)

I probably won't have time to read all of those since I'm a very busy person who reads very slowly, but at least I won't run out :P

message 2: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments where i live we don't really celebrate halloween. but now in october i really hope that my copies for lair of dreams and the rest of the diviners series comes in the mail since they have a creepy vibe and they feel perfect for this time of the year.

message 3: by Sjmc (new)

Sjmc | 2 comments You don't celebrate Halloween? That's fine and all but saying that where I live just sounds wrong. You see Meath, Ireland is the birthplace of Halloween and we take it a little too seriously. One time someone didn't put up decorations and it was like every child in the nation came running up and bombarded the house with eggs. Any way do any of yous have any good horror book recommendations for Halloween

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) My country doesn't celebrate Halloween either no matter how much I want to :(

message 5: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments I live in England, so we celebrate it VERY much over here, but most of my family comes from Poland, where they don't celebrate it AT ALL.

Random Pineapple (certifiedkilljoy) Wait...there are places that don’t celebrate Halloween? This is new information.
I’m going to read Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand.

message 7: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments I’m planning on reading Eliza and Her Monsters and Truly Devious next month, and I might give Twilight a go as well.

message 8: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Card (jayecard) Halloween is very much celebrated in Austria :) But it makes a lot of sense that it doesn't prevail around the entire world. Do you have anything else you celebrate around this time, or a somewhat comparable holiday at another time of the year?

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Yeah I'm Chinese and we have this Mooncake Festival around Halloween where we eat mooncakes and drink tea. It's actually rather cool but I'd love to celebrate Halloween as well

message 10: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments i'm romanian and we do not celebrate halloween and we do not really celebrate anythings else around this time... i really do wish we celebrated haloween tho

message 11: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) I recommend The Hazel Wood! It’s spooky!

message 12: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Card (jayecard) Mooncake Festival sounds amazing too. Now I kinda wanna try mooncakes.

message 13: by katie ❀ (new)

katie ❀ (whisperngpages) oh yes! I needed this for my seasonal reading. I can't think of any Halloween books at the moment though, sorry!

message 14: by Bumble (new)

Bumble Greenbriar (hernameiscrumpet) One of us is lying... not creepy, I know, but that’s as spooky as I can get! (Horror hater here 🖐 wow alliteration)

message 15: by Ari (new)

Ari (manilabread) | 14 comments Im gonna try to read horror and thriller all of next month. I just finished two horror books in a row and I started Haunting of the Hill House an hour or so back so imma see how the rest of my plan works out XD