What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Book from mid 80s? Girl thinks she wants to have psychic powers

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gushi (new)

Gushi | 8 comments So, this is a book where a girl gets a book from the library that tells her *how* to be psychic/be a witch. It covers doing things like reading tea leaves (her sister almost chokes on them), and invoking spells, but it's just really her story of how to not be ordinary, unlike the more recent YOU'RE A WIZARD HARRY. I probably read it like 1983-85 or so?

I remember one of the plot points is invoking the name of "AbraCadabra" as like, some sort of pascal's triangle word diagram.

message 2: by Gushi (new)

Gushi | 8 comments Note: "The Third Eye" by Lois Duncan feels *familiar* but I don't think that's it.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Sep 26, 2020 03:51PM) (new)

Kris | 35348 comments Mod
Gushi, that's a good start. We need more information in the header/topic title (e.g., genre, plot). Many members only read the headers. We have thousands of YA requests.

Copy the genre (e.g., YA fantasy, coming-of-age?) and more plot details from your message #1 to the header. Click the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)