A Court of Dreams and Nightmares discussion

The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5)
This topic is about The Assassin's Blade
ToG Book Discussions > The Assassin's Blade

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Aahana  ♥ | 697 comments Mod
I am currently reading it. What did all of you think?

SofiaReads | 2 comments It’s one of my favorite boooks! I hope you like it

SofiaReads | 2 comments * it’s also really good *

Sofia (sofloaf) | 10 comments 1. I ugly cried
2. SAM IS MY TRUE LOVE THANKS BYE

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) | 670 comments Mod
SAM IS SO PRECIOUS 🥺🥺
I think this book also had great intros to Ansel, Rolfe, and Yrene. Also the references to the events in here in KOA are legendary

message 6: by Zuriel (new)

Zuriel I'm finding that i'm draggin myself to read through this book. I understand that it shows exaplins the backstory of events that goes on in QoS and then to the end but uhhh I just want to get back to the main plot lol

Haha well it’s definitely worth it bc so many characters come back in EoS and KoA and ToD (and a little QoS). and the references they make to events in TAB (even in TOG and COM there’s TAB references). Plus Sam!!! Trust me it’s a very good book, really worth it and it also has loads of clues for some events in EoS allies wise

Kash Ilyas | 4 comments I read this book before all the rest of the books and it made my reading journey so much more better throughout all the books, I liked knowing already what Aelin/Celaena had gone through and god the way that Sams fate made my heart break was so hard for me, it really hurt my heart. :(

Ayla (aylareadsbooks) | 4 comments I love this book so much.
That is all.

Chiara | 43 comments I'm rereading it for the buddy read that started yesterday, and I forgot how much I love Sam and hate Yrene Towers XD

My objective for this reread is to see if I can change my mind about some characters that everybody loved, but I don't so much

You- you hate Yrene?? Omg why? I’ve never met someone who hates her

Chiara | 43 comments yes, I know. I have a complocated relationship with Chaol. I love him and I hate him, in the back of my mind he has ...

MINOR SPOILERs FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ONLY READ THE NOVELLAS...

in the back of my mind he has always been the one for Celeana, so when he met Yrene I was still hoping they would end up together, even though there was the mate thing.

i know, that's stupid, but hey. I really loved him in the first two books. that's also why I am reading it again ^_^

Presley | 91 comments Only thing I do not like about Assassins Blade is that Sam dies! He was one of my favorite characters!

Holly King (laughingcorrpse) | 54 comments Chiara wrote: "yes, I know. I have a complocated relationship with Chaol. I love him and I hate him, in the back of my mind he has ...

MINOR SPOILERs FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ONLY READ THE NOVELLAS...

in the back o..."

I also really loved Chaol! When you read the first two books they are so different than the rest of the series. It's almost like you're reading two completely different series. I love Rowan and Aelin together but I always liked Chaol and shipped him with Celaena/Aelin since the first book. I haven't read The Assassin's Blade yet, though I have it sitting on my TBR and considering making it my 100th book for my 100 books challenge this year. I'm halfway done with book 99.

꧁༺ L̴E̴X̴I̴E̴ ༻꧂ | 90 comments Congrats! Assassin’s Blade is definitely worth reading. It fills in a lot of backstory for characters like Lysandra, Ansel, and even Rolfe. Plus, it has Sam :)

Presley | 91 comments Definitely worth the read.

message 17: by Gaia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gaia Herondale | 207 comments Hi guys! I just finished reading Queen of Shadows, when do you think it's best to read assassin's blade? Should I continue the story of Aelin and the court and then at the end read this one?

message 18: by Holly (last edited Dec 23, 2021 05:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Holly King (laughingcorrpse) | 54 comments Joy wrote: "Hi guys! I just finished reading Queen of Shadows, when do you think it's best to read assassin's blade? Should I continue the story of Aelin and the court and then at the end read this one?"

Yes, just continue reading the series. You don't have to read the Assassin's Blade to read the rest of the series because it's a series of novellas about Celaena and others she met before the events in Throne of Glass. It's really awesome and I'm actually currently reading it for the first time, but I recommend reading the rest of the series first and then reading the Assassin's Blade because it makes it so much more sweeter!

I actually giving my two cents would say read it right now. Before EOS. Bc EOS has many characters introduced in assassins blade and I think you enjoy little callbacks and phrases if you see their first meetings with Aelin. And there’s one lovely callback in particular in KOA that connects with assassin’s blade that makes me so sad but you probably wouldn’t catch it if you hadn’t read it. Just my opinion though!

message 20: by Gaia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gaia Herondale | 207 comments thank you so much, I'll read it before EOS then

message 21: by Gaia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gaia Herondale | 207 comments and since we're already here, what about tower of dawn, if I read it before EOS will I have some spoilers? I'm thinking of reading it while reading EOS since both stories happen at the same time but I've never read two books at the same time lol

꧁༺ L̴E̴X̴I̴E̴ ༻꧂ | 90 comments Reading both at the same time sounds fun! TOD does have some spoilers for EOS though so I’d recommend reading them in the order they were written.

Presley | 91 comments Yeah reading them in order definitely

message 24: by Gaia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gaia Herondale | 207 comments Thank you so much guys

yasmin ☾ herondale le blanc ❆ | 1 comments LOVED THE BOOK😭