YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Ghostland (Ghostland Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Ghostland
BUDDY READ: Horror/Thriller > Ghostland by Duncan Ralston - Starting October 18th, 2020

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8257 comments People are dying to get in. The ghosts will kill to get out.

Be first in line for the most haunted theme park in the park in the world - GHOSTLAND! Discover and explore hundreds of haunted buildings and cursed objects! Witness spectral beings of all kinds with our patented Augmented Reality glasses! Experience all the terror and thrills the afterlife has to offer, safely protected by our Recurrence Field technology! Visit Ghostland today - it's the hauntedest place on earth!

________

After a near-death experience caused by the park's star haunted attraction, Ben has come to Ghostland seeking to reconnect with his former best friend Lilian, whose post-traumatic stress won't let her live life to the fullest. She's come at the insistence of her therapist, Dr. Allison Wexler, who tags along out of professional curiosity, eager to study the new tech's psychological effect on the user.

But when a computer virus sets the ghosts free and the park goes into lockdown, the trio find themselves trapped in an endless nightmare.

With time running short and the dead quickly outnumbering the living, the survivors must tap into their knowledge of horror and video games to escape… or become Ghostland's newest exhibits.

Featuring an interactive "Know Your Ghosts" guide and much more, Ghostland is over 400 pages of thrills and terror!

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8257 comments Part I (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8257 comments Part II (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8257 comments Part III (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8257 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Lindie (lindiedb) | 56 comments Can I join in on this? This sounds like Jurassic Park, but with ghosts.

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8257 comments Lindie wrote: "Can I join in on this? This sounds like Jurassic Park, but with ghosts."

Pretty much. Think a mix between Jurassic Park and Thirteen Ghosts and you'll get the idea :)

Lindie (lindiedb) | 56 comments Part 1 - I kind of hate the lack of chapter numbers

(view spoiler)

Lindie (lindiedb) | 56 comments Part 2

(view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8257 comments Lindie wrote: "Part 1 - I kind of hate the lack of chapter numbers

LOL it is SO Jurassic Park. In that wonderful way where fictional characters have never seen a movie and don't know any better. Except that thes..."

Wow that's actually rather brilliant lol (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8257 comments Lindie wrote: "Part 2

Are we all working under the impression that Garrotte is still alive? I am finding it difficult to parse someone who died in the 80s being good enough at coding to develop a ghost virus.

T..."

Definitely like a comedic (of course also gory) horror novel. I enjoyed it ;)

message 12: by Lindie (last edited Oct 21, 2020 02:54PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lindie (lindiedb) | 56 comments Part 4 - Finished

(view spoiler)

Overall, a gory, demented tale that I didn't want to put down. :D

Mummy's Naughty Corner (mummysnaughtycorner) | 7004 comments Mod
26%

(view spoiler)

47%

(view spoiler)

77%

(view spoiler)