Play Book Tag discussion

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)
September 2020: Other Books > Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling (illustrated) ★★★★★

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1398 comments I'm not going to write a synopsis of the story as Harry Potter is so well known, I'm sure most people have read it. And, those who haven't read it don't want to be spoiled anyway.

I really enjoyed reading the illustrated edition of Goblet of Fire for the first time. I loved Jim Kay's illustrations, all except one to be honest. Why did Jim Kay not draw the sphinx in the maze and decide to draw the gigantic frickin’ spider instead?! We already had a book full of gigantic frickin’ spiders; we don't need more! Give the other magical creatures air time!

As far as the story is concerned, I love the amount of magic Harry performs; it seems that he learns a lot more than he has in previous years because of the Triwizard Tournament. The Tournament is a lot of fun to watch as well; I especially liked the second task because of the creatures the reader gets to see. It’s fun to meet the students from other magical schools.

I also enjoyed the The Quidditch World Cup as it was very eventful and entertaining. It was interesting to see what happened after the Quidditch match was over and how it tied in to the rest of the story.

The ending is my favorite part even though it's bittersweet because of some of the magic that takes place in the graveyard. I remember reading Goblet of Fire for the first time, thinking everything was going to change and how excited I was for the next book in the series. I still feel that excitement as I finish Goblet of Fire. The final three are darker, yes, but are more exciting as the stakes are higher.

Jgrace | 3018 comments I didn't realize there was an illustrated edition of this one. I'm jealous. I only have the first one.

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1398 comments It’s the last one that’s been done so far.

message 4: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 9080 comments So, I finished reading this with my son Cameron at the end of the summer, and we all watched the movie. Now he is begging to read book number five, which I told him we can start in two weeks. But here is the creative use for number 4 which is sitting on my dining room table. I am teaching the three children to type. Twice a week, I am asking the kids to gather in the dining room, so that theyy can practice, with no pressure of school, how to learn to type using the right fingers, which no one in school ever teaches anymore. I have high schoolers who still write papers with two fingers and using "hunt and peck". This will not do. So for inspiration we are using to type, the first and last paragraphs of each chapter in goblet of fire. So as not to spoil what will happen in Order of the Phoenix for the youngest brother. Its creative, and its happening. We have had two of these typing stints so far, and the older two do appear to be trying to do the exercise in the way it is intended. We all crack up about it, but at least the inspiration is fun....