YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Amityville Horror
This topic is about The Amityville Horror
BUDDY READ: Horror/Thriller > The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson - Starting October 1st 2020

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 701 comments 28 Days of Terror in a House Possessed by Evil Spirits

In December 1975, the Lutz family moved into their dream home, the same home where Ronald DeFeo had murdered his parents, brothers and sisters just one year earlier.

the psychic phenomena that followed created the most terrifying experience the Lutz family had ever encountered, forcing them to flee the house in 28 days, convinced that it was possessed by evil spirits.

Their fantastic story, never before disclosed in full detail, makes for an unforgettable book with all the shocks and gripping suspense of The Exorcist, The Omen or Rosemary's Baby, but with one vital difference...the story is true

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 701 comments I am a little nervous about starting this book.

message 3: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Lizz wrote: "I am a little nervous about starting this book."

Same here! I'm going to jump in tomorrow :)

message 4: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Scrap that, I'm ready to get scared and am beginning right now :)

message 5: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments First quarter - (view spoiler)

message 6: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Second quarter - (view spoiler)

message 7: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Third quarter - (view spoiler)

message 8: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Fourth quarter - (view spoiler)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 701 comments Dannii wrote: "Scrap that, I'm ready to get scared and am beginning right now :)"

I am starting it right now and I will start giving you my thoughts.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 701 comments Dannii wrote: "First quarter"

Preface to Prologue: (view spoiler)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 701 comments Dannii wrote: "Second quarter - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 701 comments Dannii wrote: "Fourth quarter."

Done (view spoiler)

message 13: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Lizz wrote: "Dannii wrote: "First quarter"

Preface to Prologue: It is classafied as a nonfiction more than a fiction, so I think that is why there disclaimer. I do know that one of the sons do claim that Geor..."

Oh no. I'm planning on reading The Exorcist, this weekend lol.

message 14: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Lizz wrote: "Dannii wrote: "Second quarter - [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

That is definitely how I read it, too!

message 15: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Lizz wrote: "Dannii wrote: "Fourth quarter."

Done [spoilers removed]"

I'm glad to have ticked off another horror classic but I wasn't highly impressed with it. Maybe it would have been more of an emotional read if it had been created as an entirely fictional read and only briefly based on the Lutz family ordeal, if it ever really occurred at all.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 701 comments Dannii wrote: "Lizz wrote: "Dannii wrote: "Fourth quarter."

Done [spoilers removed]"

I'm glad to have ticked off another horror classic but I wasn't highly impressed with it. Maybe it would have been more of an..."

I agree it could have been based on their story

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 701 comments Dannii wrote: "Lizz wrote: "Dannii wrote: "First quarter"

Preface to Prologue: It is classafied as a nonfiction more than a fiction, so I think that is why there disclaimer. I do know that one of the sons do cl..."

It had more emotions then this book lol