Making Connections discussion

F. Scott Fitzgerald: Some Sort of Epic Grandeur
This topic is about F. Scott Fitzgerald
ARRs COMPLETED (Post Reviews) > 5929. - F. Scott Fitzgerald: Some sort of epic grandeur by Tiziano Brignoli

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14676 comments Mod
F. Scott Fitzgerald Some Sort of Epic Grandeur by Tiziano Brignoli Tiziano Brignoli

Title: F. Scott Fitzgerald: Some Sort of Epic Grandeur
Author: Tiziano Brignoli
Genre: Literary essay / non-fiction
Formats Available: Mobi, Epub & Pdf
Time Frame: 4 Weeks
Copies Available: 10

BOOK DESCRIPTION:

When F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote to his daughter Scottie, describing his life as "epic grandeur," he did so with the authority that belongs only to people of great and often tragic destiny. He understood how the exuberance, doubts, fears and excesses of his life was perfectly matched within the literary picture he produced, which was as much autobiographical as possible. Tiziano Brignoli, in this literary essay now translated in English, outlines a literary profile of the American writer, symbol of the Jazz Age. Starting from the analysis of his first published novel, he illustrates a Fitzgeraldian portrait that shows the reader the most important aspects that composed his existence, the numerous contrasts of his character, and consequently what build his literature. What drove Fitzgerald to write "This Side of Paradise" and what social value did this book contain at the time? Why did he write "The Great Gatsby" and what makes it the American novel par excellence today? What did "Tender is the Night" means in terms of literary sacrifice by the American author, and what makes it one of his most autobiographical novels? What role did Zelda play as a partner in her husband's life? In the irony of life, the day Fitzgerald's epic grandeur was broken, it was inexorably tied to the American one. It's for this reason that the name of Francis Scott Fitzgerald will always be reproduced side by side with that of his generation, of which he was wonderfully able to tell the needs and torments. An edition with an in-depth afterword by the author, in conversation with Marjie Kirkland, cousin of the great American writer, talking about Fitzgerald's family, books and literature and Jazz Age.

Be one of the first 10 people to sign up below in order to receive a copy of this ebook to Read and Review!

It would be appreciated if you could post your reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.

Of course posting on any other social sites would be fantastic! Example: iTunes, Facebook, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords and/or your Blog.

Formats available: Mobi, Epub & Pdf

All reviews should be completed and posted within 4 weeks after you receive your copy of the ebook.

Leave us your name, email address and format you require.

Janina Lovelace | 12 comments Hello, I would love to have the opportunity to read and review this book. Fitzgerald has always been my favorite author and I'm obsessed with him! If you could send a Mobi to nina@astonishingminds.com, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

message 3: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14676 comments Mod
sent in Janina request

message 4: by Tiziano (new)

Tiziano Brignoli Hi Janina, I've sent you the book via email. Thank you for your interest.

Janina Lovelace | 12 comments Tiziano wrote: "Hi Janina, I've sent you the book via email. Thank you for your interest."

Yes, thanks!

Janina Lovelace | 12 comments Wonderful book! My review is complete. Here it is:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I've also submitted the same review to Amazon so hopefully that review will be live within a few days.