Strong Female Reads book club discussion

Such Big Teeth
This topic is about Such Big Teeth
Book club > Such Big Teeth discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Krissy Augustine-Cox (krissysbooked) | 57 comments Mod
Discussion thread for 'Such Big Teeth' by Gabby Hutchinson Crouch as selected in S5 episode 5 (or episode 101) of the Strong Female Leads podcast

Going to admit that I totally missed the first book in this series (although I did buy it when it got chosen on the podcast) so need to catch up :D

Just finished Darkwood... it's brilliant. Didn't realise Gabby wrote for Horrible Histories but tonally it makes so much sense. They were my favourite book series growing up, the show is brilliant and I love Ghosts on iPlayer now. I have another book to read before Such Big Teeth but can't wait to get started on it!

Has anyone else started on this yet? I’ve been clearing through some other books in my TBR and not finished pile but will be starting on this ASAP!

I finished this a couple of weeks ago and loved it just as much as the first one... anyone else done?

Aimee (pebbles320) | 48 comments Mod
I loved it too - a very clever retelling with some really compelling characters. Looking forward to the next book!

Aimee (pebbles320) | 48 comments Mod
Kristine wrote: "Just finished Darkwood... it's brilliant. Didn't realise Gabby wrote for Horrible Histories but tonally it makes so much sense. They were my favourite book series growing up, the show is brilliant ..."

Yes you can definitely tell, the books have the same brand of humour as HH and work on multiple levels too - I could imagine reading the Darkwood books to a child who would enjoy the silliness, and the adult reading it would laugh at the more political / satirical bits.

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemc39) | 15 comments Mod
Just reviewing now!

Kate wrote: "Just reviewing now!"

Yay can't wait to hear what you all think/what's up next!