Beyond the Pages discussion

Games > Snowball Stories

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey y'all! I sent you a message about the Snowball Stories that start tomorrow.

The rules are pretty simple: One person after another continues a prompt till it becomes ridiculous as hell :D

Anyone can join! I'll send a prompt tomorrow morning according to IST :)
Happy Reading!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

September prompt:

I glanced at the clock more time, before I squared my shoulders and launched in the ballroom....

message 3: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) I held my head high, striding to the center with a defiant expression on my face. I was confident in the dress that made me feel beauty.

message 4: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) *beautiful

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

In my beautiful golden gown with my long black hair cascading down my shoulders, I looked.....ethereal. Like a goddess. I grinned at that thought.

message 6: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) I could feel everyone's eyes on me, except one.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I ignored the feeling of dejavu, and slowly walked down the stairs of the palais, swaying my hips a little.
I was L'Enigme and I was beautiful.

((That name is from Gilded Wolves :P))

Karina (book obsessionist) | 8 comments I felt like a princess in her own castle. Was he here? Would he show his face after what he said to me three moons ago?

message 9: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) I whipped around in the most graceful way I could muster, facing the silhouette of my dream.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

But if he was here, I didn't look for him.
I wasn't Leah here but L'Enigme and L'Enigme didn't care about him.

Lemon༉₊˚๑  (quuer_reader) A slow music continued to play in the background as i swiftly disappeared into the darkness of a hall. I wasn't here for dancing anyway.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Breaking into the run, I slipped past the busy ball towards to the palais treasury. I stopped in front of the huge door hiding in the plain site of the unusually silent corridor. The door was locked of course. Removing the pins from my updo, I concentrated on the lock. It was all about the tumblers.

Lemon༉₊˚๑  (quuer_reader) I started opening the lock quickly. The lock opened with a click merely after a few tries .After all, i was the most trained thief they have had for years.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

"Going somewhere, darling," a voice from behind startled me. I jumped so high, that I may have banged my head. I quickly twirled around to see him. Karan.

Lemon༉₊˚๑  (quuer_reader) Oh god, obviously it was him! I smiled at his pretty face and his gleaming hazel eyes. His soul, however, wasn't that pretty. Did he really have no idea of who i was? I tried to act casual and look as curious as i could manage.
"Uh-I was just looking for the bathroom. I was just returning to the main hall when i think i heard the cry of a kitten. " I said smiling, trying to act like one of those spoilt rich daughters who were attending the Gala.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Of course, that didn't work. He had known me for quite some time to know when I was on a mission.
"No need to lie to me, Leah," He gave me his infuriatingly cute grin.
It is not for me, I reminded myself. That night was still fresh in my mind. When he had flashed that dimpled smile on me and I had melted just a little. But I had learned my lesson.

"What do you want?" I crossed my arms across my chest. The alarm sounded. Time was running out. The guards would be here any minute.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Running up the turret of the palais, I tried to slow him down. I could hear his rushed footsteps behind me, so I hid in the nearest supply closet. Stripping from the golden dress, I put on the nearest outfit I could get: the palace maid's. I pulled my hair in a braid and abandoned my costume there. The supply closet had one window and so, I did the most logically dangerous thing: I jumped.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

i was very scared

message 19: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) I bent my knees and braced for impact. I was surprised when I landed softly on the grass. I dig through the maid uniform's pocket, finding 2 gold coins.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

But still, I held my breath and leaped from the window. Extending my arms, I reached out to the small gap between the bricks and slithered down with as much grace I could muster. The whole palais was in commotion but no one would know that L'Enigme was the thief.

Lemon༉₊˚๑  (quuer_reader) Now, i was almost through the palais. But, oh god, i was so out of breath and my legs were giving up. I dared a look back to see a dozen of soldiers following me and chaos in the whole palais. There were people everywhere.
Just three more blocks from here Daniel would be waiting for me to return hidden in the dark alleys.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

i ran and ran finally found daniel

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

It was pitch black but I knew my way through the alleys of Paris. Dodging the lighted streets, I took a small lane away from the the police. Tomorrow, the theft at the palais would grace the newspapers and everyone would be a suspect. But who would think it was the famous dancer, L'Enigme, I grinned.
I passed the Latin Quarter and towards a carefully hidden trapdoor that led to the Paris Catacombs.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Nel wrote: "i ran and ran finally found daniel"

((I didn't see your comment. Sorry))

message 25: by Aarja (last edited Sep 20, 2020 11:57PM) (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) ((In continuation to Am's comment, modifying Nel's))

The passage in the Catacomb had many forks, but I managed to work my path with them. I reached another ladder and another trapdoor. I climbed outside, back in the fresh air.
In front of me was a warehouse, forgotten and ruined. I went inside and found another ladder, and climbed up.
It led to the terrace, the terrace in which we had spent many days together.
I got a clear view of the construction of a tall tower, that they were going to call "Eiffel Tower". It was said that it would be grand, but it certainly didn't look grand to me.

((The Eiffel Tower was built in 1887, and if the era is 1880, let's make it the construction :P))

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

"Tour Eiffel," Daniel said behind me, sipping champagne from his flute "They say it will be the greatest monument in the history."
"Will be, should be," I waved past his comment and glanced at the city spread out in front of me.
The skyline of Paris always took me by surprise - Thousands of sounds during the day and by night, sparkling lights that looked like a painting on the banks of River Seine.

Lemon༉₊˚๑  (quuer_reader) The first time i had arrived to Paris, i was really amazed by how different it was from the US. Daniel was my very first friend here and now we had become closest of friends.
"Hey! Come here. Look at that!" Daniel whisper shouted.
(( Also, i really like how this story is coming out to be. Don't you guys?))

message 28: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) (Yeah, for sure)

message 29: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) "What?"

He led me to the end of the terrace. I gasped. It was a beauty.

"What, don't you like it?", Daniel asked.

((me too!))

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

"It is amazing," I breathed. On the table, a beautiful diadem was laid out. The diamonds in it caught the moon's light and sparkled brightly.
"It is yours," he said as he gently placed the diadem on my head, "Princess Leah."
I hadn't been called that since I left my home in India. I had traveled all over the world in search of something that had led me from Australia to America and then finally landed me in France.

((Me three!!))

message 31: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Maybe it's time to tell him.
"I failed", I whisper.

He looked at me, his expression soft. "You never fail, even when you do."

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh Daniel! I did fail. My quest is getting nowhere and...." I trailed off as his expression softened. The lights of Paris around me felt strangely comforting.
"I love you, Leah. No matter what," he said as he pulled me into a hug, "Sibling don't give up on each other.

((I kinda didn't want romance between them. They felt better off as siblings :P))

message 33: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) ((Even I didn't! I was about to write that in my earlier comment, but accidentally posted it and then my mother called. I was about to say to try not to continue as romance, lol :P))

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

((I think Karan and Leah would make a better pair though I think that relationship died a little when Shreya wrote that he chased her with a dagger XD))

message 35: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) ((Maybe it's love/hate? Let's see how others do it...maybe Karan says sorry?))

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

((Yeah. That can happen :)))

Lemon༉₊˚๑  (quuer_reader) (( Yes. I too was thinking of Karan and Leah! I love enemies turning into lover type ships. So maybe we can do that. Let's see how it goes :)))

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

((I love enemies-to-lovers too! We should do like slow-burn romance between them. Someone continue the story :)))

message 39: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) "And, anyway, how did it "fail" "? He made air quotes.

"I ran into Karan. Ugh." I scowl.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

"Ah!" he slowly smiled, "That's why you've been grumpy. You know, I do have eyes." He winked at me.
"I don't like him," those words left a sour taste in mouth and even when I said it, I didn't believe myself. That night flashed in my mind again and his smile....
Snap out of it, Leah, I chided myself.

message 41: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) ((So when are we going to reveal their past?))

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

((I'll start when the story goes in a flow. Like when she is remembering her family or home and then we tell about it. What do you think?))

message 43: by Aarja (last edited Sep 21, 2020 05:11AM) (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) All of a sudden, I heard slow hard claps behind me. I turned around. It was Karan.

I felt as if the light had been poured out of me. His smile. Again. Ugh.

He slowly walked towards us.
"Princess Leah. She. Doesn't. Like. Me. Of course, of course," he said slowly, cautiously.

"Yes. You're right," I say.

"And, a princess in a maid's costume, that too! Ha! Don't you think I heard everything?", he inquired. I felt Daniel grow tense behind me.

((Yes, we can do that))

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

"Mind your own business Mr. Karan," Daniel said as formally as he could.
They had once been best of friends but the past acted as a veil between them. When Karan had chosen to leave them for his birthright, he had been devastated. Karan had so many wants that I sometimes wondered if there was place for his blood at all.

"Daniel dear," I said with dangerous calm, "Don't get in front of a woman's sword if you don't want to be hurt."

((My Leah can be sassy too :)))

Lemon༉₊˚๑  (quuer_reader) (( wait, I don't understand. Why is Leah threatening Daniel? ))

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

((Because she is an independent and strong woman and she doesn't need her brother to fight her battles :P))

message 47: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) ((She is not threatening him, I guess. Maybe she is saying that she will handle Karan herself.))

Lemon༉₊˚๑  (quuer_reader) (( oh ok got it! I will continue the story then!))

Lemon༉₊˚๑  (quuer_reader) Daniel just rolled his eyes. I turned my attention back to Karan.
" What are you here for, Karan?", I asked narrowing my eyes. It wasn't usual to see him in this part of the town. I wondered what the news would be.

message 50: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) "Nothing. I knew you were here. All the time. Even after you came from the US. I just managed to follow you. Ha! Give it to me. I know you have it. Give it or else - ", I cut him off.

"Or else what?!", I asked and kicked him in his guts, once again. He fell to the ground, and I faced him.

His groaning sounds, his face flushing red, somewhere in my heart ached. I sighed and went back to Daniel.

« previous 1