What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Childrens graphic book, Hungary, circa 90s/2000

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danica (new)

Danica Rovó | 2 comments My parents read this book to me from 2000-2005 in Hungary (it was in hungarian!), but the book was probably made decades earlier.
It was a hardcover childrens picture book, around A4 size (maybe a little bit smaller).
It had around 10 childrens tales in it, each about 4-6 pages long, with the scene illustrated on the whole page with short text. Each tale had a specific thing you could learn from it, ("tanulság"), which was written at the bottom of the last page of each tale.
One tale was about the vainnes of the moon, how he stared at his reflection in a lake all the time.
In another some pots were caught in the stream of a river, and I think one broke.
A third tale I remember, but I'm not sure it really was in this book, was about a sheep/goat and a wolf(?) who were very good friends despite all their differences, and once they ate soup in the winter in their house, and the goat exhaled at his hooves to make them warm, then blowed at his soup to make it cold, and the wolf found this so strange and different that he stopped being friends with him, although he was strange himself.
It'd be amazing if I could find this, I've been trying with no luck for decades.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35392 comments Mod
Danica, that's a good start. We need more information in the header/topic title (e.g., plot, main characters). Many members only read the headers. We have thousands of book requests, so threads with vague headers are closed.

Copy plot details from your message #1 to the header. Click the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 3: by Danica (new)

Danica Rovó | 2 comments Hi Kris! Thank you so much for taking the time to answer! I'll make the changes tomorrow!