What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's/YA book; encyclopedia of stories. Their teacher at school had a "lightsaber" (very important word in my brain) that was used as a pointer on the board in class. The light saber went missing

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gabrielle (last edited Oct 01, 2020 02:52PM) (new)

Gabrielle | 4 comments Children's book that contained multiple stories and also contained pictures and I can only remember pieces of 4 of them. I read this book sometime when I was 6/7 so that would be 2005/6. Cover of book was white, the prelude to the pages were artwork of stairs being climbed almost like stairs to heaven. I hope you can help :(
1. One of them that i remember majorly was tackling speaking out about sexual abuse at home and main character, a girl (Girl A)l- i believe they were middle school children- had a best friend (Girl B)who was a victim of abuse. Their teacher at school had a "lightsaber" (very important word in my brain) that was used as a pointer on the board in class. The light saber went missing and it was a big deal and everyone was trying to solve who took it and turns out Girl B stole the lightsaber to keep in her room to somehow keep her abuser away because she was afraid of him and believes it would keep her aware of him approaching at nights.

2, Another story was about a girl who was constantly annoyed by this guy that teased her constantly, I unfortunately don't remember much of this story or the others. just small details.

3. This story had to do with 2 brothers, both bald and were referred to as Basketball heads, because they either loved basketball or because they were bald.

4. This one was about brothers playing and i think one saw a skunk nearby and provoked the skunk intentionally or by accident and ended up getting sprayed by the skunk

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35348 comments Mod
Gabrielle, that's a good start. Copy plot details from your message #1 to the topic header/title, so someone can recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.
We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19589 comments This sounds super familiar to me.

Do you know how many pages long the book was? And how many stories it contained total?

message 4: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle | 4 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "This sounds super familiar to me.

Do you know how many pages long the book was? And how many stories it contained total?"

Not quite sure but i'd estimate about 300-400 pages, it was a fairly thick book and i believe it had about 10-15 stories

message 5: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle | 4 comments Kris wrote: "Gabrielle, that's a good start. Copy plot details from your message #1 to the topic header/title, so someone can recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers...." Hi, thanks for correcting me. I edited it and I hope the edited version is what you meant.

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19589 comments Do you think the stories were by the same author or different authors?

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35348 comments Mod
Thanks for updating the header. This will help searchers and moderators.

message 8: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle | 4 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Do you think the stories were by the same author or different authors?"

Hey! i definitely think it was written by different authors, thanks for bring that thought out of me. I don't remember seeing only 1 name as the author of the stories so it's a possibility.