A Novel Bunch discussion

Welcome!!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Ferguson | 6 comments Mod
Welcome everyone to A Novel Bunch book club! We're so excited to start this club. Feel free to add a comment letting the group know your reading history. How long have you enjoyed reading? What's your favorite genre? The longest book you've read? Let's get to know each other better!

message 2: by Becky (new)

Becky | 19 comments Hey! I’ve been reading since I was a little girl. The ‘Babysitters Little Sister’ series really got me hooked on reading as a kid. I remember going to the library just looking for the latest book until my parents subscribed to have the books mailed to me. My favorites are romance and suspense. I’ve met Jojo Moyes. She is amazing!!! I’m currently into Marci Bolden. She loves to connect with her readers on Facebook and Goodreads. My husband has probably almost murdered me a few times after finding hidden books around the house. I have a book problem. “At least it’s not shoes and purses” is what I tell him.. lol!
Interesting fact: I’m probably the only person who has NEVER read the Harry Potter books.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy Haas | 26 comments Hello all, I am really excited to join the book club. I have been reading off and on since I was little, but the past few years have really started to get back into reading regularly. I enjoy thriller, romance, getting lost in the magical realms and mysteries.

I really enjoy listening to audio books related to biographies where the author narrates.

I love doing book swaps to help keep my book collection down because I tend to go overboard with buying a lot of books.

Cheers to new adventures

message 4: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Hunt | 4 comments Hi everyone!!!! Soooooo excited!!!!!
I enjoy reading because it allows me to enter into another world for how ever long the book last. It's like taking a week vacation to explore a new adventure. I really can't say that I have a favorite it depends on my mood.

Fun Fact: I've read all of Janet Evanovich, Stephen Plum series some twice.

OH and I am on Ban Island I am not allowed to ever again purchase another book and bring it into my house. My husband will divorce me, its bad bad........like really really bad......

Cheers to new adventures

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky | 19 comments Angelique- that makes me laugh. My husband gets so mad over new books. He bought me a tablet to try to avoid more books coming in. He’s not a reader so he doesn’t understand

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy Haas | 26 comments my boyfriend just found out how many books I have. his face was priceless and not in a good way. lol

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky | 19 comments These boyfriends/husbands need a support group over our book obsessions 😂😂

message 8: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Hunt | 4 comments I agree they most definitely need a support group. We just enjoy reading for funny.

So I see the poll results are in, Imaginary Friend.....

We ready for this one????? Thoughts/comments ha ha ha

message 9: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Ferguson | 6 comments Mod
I was a huge Babysitters Club fan too, Becky! I made my parents ship over 100 titles with us when we moved to Hawaii, that's how obsessed (and spoiled) I was since it cost a fortune to ship!

I've got a solution to this boyfriend/husband issue...you can all store your books in your own section of my home library!

Looking forward to the discussions and fun and new reads that will come from this club!!