Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 9000 word completed play

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Graham (new)

Graham | 2 comments Hi all. I'm new to this group so sorry if this is the wrong group or you don't accept plays or anything, but I've been working on a short one-act play that's about ready for some fresh eyes on it. It's a satire that's about 40 pages or so long so if that's the kind of thing you'd find interesting let me know and I'll work out someway to get it to you. Thanks in advance :)

message 2: by Deresa (new)

Deresa Claybrook (deresa01) | 3 comments I have a book that I have completed but not published yet. It is non-fiction (business) and I am wondering about the style of it. I wrote it from a chronological personal view from my career and then in the same chapter I gave expert advice as to what not to do when developing your career. Is there a name for this style of writing?
Deresa

message 3: by Graham (new)

Graham | 2 comments Deresa wrote: "I have a book that I have completed but not published yet. It is non-fiction (business) and I am wondering about the style of it. I wrote it from a chronological personal view from my career and th..."

Creative non-fiction. Gonzo business writing. Memoir? I think it's more about the purpose behind it. If it's more autobiographical it'd fall somewhere near memoir, if it's not probably just a regular self-help thing about jobs. I'm not sure that you have the right forum for this question, though. It's about Beta readers. You'd probably get better answers about genre if you sent it to a writer's group or something.