Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 96,000 Completed Victorian-Era Historical Romance

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (new)

Allison Grey (allisongrey) | 15 comments Hello all!

I have a completed historical romance set in 1879 London and am seeking the opinion of a beta reader, especially anyone who loves romance.

Della Rose is a child of the rookery and has made a name for herself as a skilled pickpocket. When she attempts to steal from a gentleman one day, he catches her in the act and makes an unusual proposal: held him steal back something that was taken from him. Della cannot resist when he offers her 10,000 pounds and a room in his manor while they get close to the thief.

Cole Winthrop is no ordinary gentleman. To the world, he is the Earl of Bradford, respectable and eligible member of high society. But in private, he works as a spy for the British Home Office, and he has been working on one particularly difficult case for a long time - revealing the Duke of Salisbury as a traitor to his country. There is only one person who can get close enough to the duke to get back the evidence he has stolen from Cole. Della Rose.

As she navigates the strange and frightening world of the aristocracy, she finds herself drawn to Cole, for she has lived a life bereft of kindness and generosity, something he continues to show her, despite her prickly nature. She is not quick to trust, and besides - what future could she possibly have with an earl?

If anyone out there is interested in a steamy historical romance, please message me. I have done several rounds of edits and so my manuscript if fairly polished at this point, but I would love feedback regarding character, motivation, dialogue, pacing, plot, etc. Thanks!

Allison

message 2: by George (new)

George Jr. | 5 comments I'd be happy to take a look. Are you on any sort of deadline?
mcfetridge@cox.net (writing as Mary Ann Cook)

message 3: by Allison (new)

Allison Grey (allisongrey) | 15 comments Hi! Thanks for contacting me...no deadline at the moment. If you'd like I can send you a few chapters just to get started. Talk to you soon!
Allison

message 4: by George (new)

George Jr. | 5 comments Send at your convenience. Word is easy to mark comments.

message 5: by Allison (new)

Allison Grey (allisongrey) | 15 comments Thanks Mary, will do!