What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Thriller. Corporate? Lawyer is helped by female friend who's covered in tattoos. Investigating large corporate class action lawsuit. Set in large U.S. city. Read in 1990s.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simon (last edited Sep 19, 2020 12:45AM) (new)

Simon Lunn (simonlunn) | 3 comments Famous author, the plot revolves around a corporate lawyer (I think) who is aided by a female who is covered in tattoos (tattoo'd by an ex lover who drugged her and tattoo'd her from head to foot). This is NOT any of the Girl with the Dragon tattoo series. They are investigating a large corporate wrong doing, a class action lawsuit.
I was given the book in the 90's. The story is set in the USA.
It's based in a big USA city, I can't remember which one.
Sorry that is all I have.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Sep 17, 2020 05:50PM) (new)

Kris | 35348 comments Mod
Simon, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine.

What's the location (country, region, well-known city, small town)?

message 3: by Simon (new)

Simon Lunn (simonlunn) | 3 comments Kris wrote: "Simon, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine.

What's the location (country, region, well-known city, small town)?"

Thanks I've updated my original post with more details. I wish I knew more. Sorry.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35348 comments Mod
Thanks. I added a few details to the header, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Feel free to edit it.

message 5: by Eugene (new)

Eugene Kuznetsov | 26 comments "Corporate lawyer" and "famous author" normally add up to "John Grisham". But I can't fit the tattoos into the picture, especially if the book was written no later than the 90s (that limits the list to "The Rainmaker" and "The Runaway Jury", and those don't seem to match.)

On the other hand, the 90s should limit the search considerably, since there were very few famous hard-boiled courtroom drama writers back then.

Was it early or late 90s? Was it a hardcover book?

message 6: by Simon (new)

Simon Lunn (simonlunn) | 3 comments It was a paperback my wife bought me whilst on holiday. So it would be a famous author on one of those WHSmith type book carousels.