J.D. Robb discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive-BOM Noms/Poll 2020 > November Book of the Month Nominations - Closed

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 10412 comments Mod
Nominations are now being accepted for our November 2020 Book of the Month. Please review the Guidelines below prior to making your nomination.

Nominations open Sept. 17-22
Poll open Sept. 23-28

Please note: You may nominate any book from the Mystery/Suspense/Thriller genre or from any one of the many sub genres, with the exception of books by J.D. Robb and Nora Roberts. We explore Robb's In Death series in Buddy Reads & other discussions in this group. And we read & discuss Nora Roberts books with our sister group, Nora Roberts Groupies. We encourage you to join the discussions any time.

Monthly Book Nomination Guidelines:

1-Each member may nominate 2 books per month. Please include a link to the book that you nominate.
2-All books must have been released at least 4 months prior to any nomination.
3-We respectfully ask that you only nominate books that you are planning to read and discuss with this group.
4-Nominated books must be from the Mystery/Suspense/Thriller genres or one of the many sub genres.
5-Nominated books must be the first book in a series unless the Robb group has previously read the preceding books.
6-J.D. Robb and Nora Robert books are not eligible for nomination. We invite you to join us as we explore the In Death series books in our In Death Buddy Reads and enjoy discussing the Nora Roberts titles in our sister group, Nora Roberts Groupies.
7-If an issue arises in which the winning book is disqualified, the book having received the 2nd most votes in our poll will become our Book of the Month.

message 2: by Christine (new)

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2435 comments Christine wrote: "Don't Tell A Soul (Detectives Kane and Alton, #1) by D.K. Hood"

I received this free a while ago, but haven't read it yet.

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 2337 comments Sharon that’s cool that you received that book called Don't Tell A Soul by D.K. Hood for free and Sharon I’m reading that book called Don't Tell A Soul by D.K. Hood and it’s really good

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2435 comments Christine wrote: "Sharon that’s cool that you received that book called Don't Tell A Soul by D.K. Hood for free and Sharon I’m reading that book called [book:Don't Tell A Soul|36013..."

Good to know. I'm waiting for some downtime at work so I can get back to my normal reading routine.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 594 comments Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2) by Kendra Elliot Book 2 -

After a congressman’s tortured body is found dangling from a Portland bridge, the FBI joins the Oregon State Police to investigate the case—and FBI Special Agent Ava McLane, still recovering from a bullet wound, hunts the twisted killer alongside the man who captured her heart, police detective Mason Callahan.

But once a third body appears and all evidence points to a serial killer, the public furiously clamors for answers—and the couple’s relationship grows fractured under the pressure. Ava and Mason search in the past for clues that predict the future. And when Ava’s mentally ill twin spins out of control, the FBI agent who battles monsters every day wonders if she shares her sister’s self-destructive streak…

In the latest thrilling romantic suspense novel from award-winning author Kendra Elliot, the past and the present violently collide…and the fallout can be deadly.

message 7: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 2337 comments Sharon I give great reviews about my books and Sharon I’m sure you can get downtime at your work so you can get back to your normal reading routine and Lisa - (Aussie Girl) I read that book called Bridged by Kendra Elliot

message 8: by Barbie (new)

Barbie Jackson (bocabarbiejax) | 1 comments How About Her Last Summer by Melinda Woodhall
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Barbie wrote: "How About Her Last Summer by Melinda Woodhall
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5..."

Another new to me book/series/author! Sounds good! Add to my ever-growing tbr list! lol

message 10: by Sandra (new)

Hide and Seek by Mary Burton
Hide and Seek (Criminal Profiler, #1) by Mary Burton

She’s hunting. He’s watching.

Special Agent Macy Crow is a survivor. After a vicious hit-and-run nearly kills her, she gets right back to work, and now she’s gunning for a spot on the FBI’s elite profiling team. As an audition, she offers to investigate the recently discovered bones of Tobi Turner, a high school girl who disappeared fifteen years ago.

While investigating with local sheriff Mike Nevada, a former colleague and onetime lover, Macy discovers a link between Tobi’s case and several others that occurred around the same time as her disappearance. As Macy interviews victims and examines old cases, she uncovers a sinister picture of a stalker who graduated to sexual assault—and then murder.

Macy and Nevada race to put this monster behind bars before he can come out of hiding. But the murderer’s had years to hone his skills, and soon Macy herself becomes a target. She’s no stranger to pain and terror, but will Macy’s first profiling case be her last?

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan (cruelshoes) | 520 comments Winter's Mourn (Winter Black #1) by Mary Stone
A killer is watching…

Thirteen years ago, Winter Black came home early from a sleepover to find her parents brutally murdered and her little brother gone—taken by a serial killer called The Preacher.

Now a rookie FBI agent assigned to her first murder case, Winter has returned to the small Virginia town where she grew up. But when bones found by a hunter lead to the discovery of a secret burial ground containing the remains of children, the investigation suddenly hits close to home as the past and future collide with each new shocking discovery. Will they find her brother’s bones in the makeshift graveyard next?

Only The Preacher knows, and he’ll do anything to keep the past—and its secrets—buried until he’s ready to make his final move.

A masterfully conceived psychological thriller reminiscent of Lee Child, Winter’s Mourn will keep readers turning the pages—and watching the window—long past midnight.

message 12: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2435 comments Christine wrote: "Sharon I give great reviews about my books and Sharon I’m sure you can get downtime at your work so you can get back to your normal reading routine and Lisa - (Aussie Girl) I read that book called ..."

I will have downtime next week. We did a system upgrade and had to deal with issues/fixes for the past two month. We are almost caught up.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.