Writerpedia discussion

advice requests > Military Information

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I'm gonna be working on my novel this summer ... I will have only two classes so I will have time to work on it some. Anyways, my novel involves some military stuff, so if anyone can give me any kind of information like military ranks, etc, that would be wonderful. If not, thats ok, I will just have to do some research of my own. Thanks.

message 2: by +Chaz (new)

+Chaz Ashley, I retired from Marines and Army. If I can be of any help let me know.

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Charles & James, thank you very much. I'll be sure to contact you if I need military information for my novel. :)

message 4: by Travis (new)

Travis I'm currently active duty Air Force, though I was raised on Army bases, if I can be of any assistance. Additionally, if you are having trouble thinking of any specific questions there are lots of excellently written military books out there that might provide answers to question you didn't even know you'd need to ask. Plus, they might just give you some ideas for your book!

message 5: by Ben (new)

Ben The Liberal (beyondthegreenwall) I'm active duty Air Force also but I was raised on Air Force bases with the exception of Patch Barracks in the early nineties...

I'd love to help out in any way I can! Good luck!

message 6: by Trevor (new)

Trevor Nagle (tnagle) | 3 comments As an 11-year military veteran of both the Army and Navy, I would be happy to help.

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Please email me any information you can think of. From simple informations such as rankings to personal stories(if you feel comfortable in doing so). You can email the info at AshLamore2004@aol.com
Thanks.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

message 8: by Trevor (new)

Trevor Nagle (tnagle) | 3 comments Ashley, I would be happy to share any experiences and/or information you would like. It would be helpful to know more about the types of information that would be beneficial to you. As for rank structures, if you google military ranks, you'll see side-by-side rank charts for all of the services.

Trevor

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Thanks Trevor