24B4Monday Readathon discussion

Readathon Goals Archived > September 2020 Readathon Goals

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jb (new)

jb Byrkit (jbbyrkit) | 227 comments Mod
September 25 - 27 Readathon

It’s coming up fast. What are your goals? I’m hoping to get to 5000 pages for the summer push.

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 81 comments I’m hoping to read as much as I can of the Lumikki Andersson series:

As Red as Blood
As White as Snow
As Black as Ebony

message 3: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie | 2 comments As I'm working on 26 and 27 September, I plan on doing my readathon early to cover 23 to 25 September.

The only goal I have is to actually try and log my reading time to as close to 24 hours as possible.

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 43 comments I'm sticking to my 500 page goal from last month. I was only 26 pages short last month. Hopefully I will pay attention and make it all the way there this time.

message 5: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) | 6 comments Susy wrote: "I’m hoping to read as much as I can of the Lumikki Andersson series:

As Red as Blood
As White as Snow
As Black as Ebony"

That sounds like a good series!

message 6: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 81 comments I hope so Gretchen! I’m reading the first in Portuguese so that’s probably going to be a slow read lol

message 7: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) | 6 comments I hope to participate some. Think I might have to babysit one of these days.

I'm getting an early start on my spooky/creepy reads for October. Not sure which I'll pick...

The Silence of the Lambs
The Shining
Doctor Sleep
Dexter By Design
The Halo Effect

message 8: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 81 comments The Shining followed by Dr. Sleep!

message 9: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystallee6363) | 48 comments Hour goal for this one maybe, since I've been watching TV instead of reading lately! So I'll aim for 6hrs all up - 2hrs a day average.

message 10: by jb (new)

I cannot believe the end of September is creeping up on us!

message 11: by jb (new)

PS I won’t be on much on Friday at the start. I am going out of town for the day. But I’ll be back Saturday!

message 12: by Taya (new)

Taya Fosmire (bibliotaya) | 16 comments I am going to aim for 2 hrs a day because I am visiting family friends this weekend and want to spend most of the time with them

message 13: by Janshi (new)

Janshi | 2 comments My goal is to exceed my last time of 8 hours total. Wish me luck! :)

BriaKnits & Reads (briaknitsreads) | 2 comments With this being my very first time participating in a Readathon, I am hoping to get at least 5 hours total completed. Super excited and cannot wait!

message 15: by Glenda (new)

Glenda | 52 comments It's supposed to rain and I have no other plans so I'm hoping to get some solid reading time in. I want to finish a couple of ARCs, Love, Zac: Small-Town Football and the Life and Death of an American Boy and Purple People. I also want to read some Halloween-ish stuff, not sure what yet.

message 16: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Ozols (ashxjo) | 5 comments I'm hoping to finish Peter Pan, The Little Prince and Twilight and read New Moon, Eclipse and The Resilience Project

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebookienook) | 3 comments I'm aiming to get as close to 24 hours as possible as this is my first time participating. I'd love to polish off at least 2 books.