Play Book Tag discussion

Shamed (Kate Burkholder, #11)
This topic is about Shamed
September 2020: Psychological > (Poll Ballot) Shamed by Linda Castillo - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellen | 2234 comments A grandmother and her two young granddaughters are picking berries on abandoned farmland when the grandmother believes she sees someone in the old weathered house. Once she enters, she is immediately attacked by a knife-wielding killer who also takes off with one of the children. Painters Mill Chief of Police Kate Burkholder is stunned by the violence of the murder and knows that she has a limited amount of time to recover the abducted child. As she gets deeper into her investigation, she uncovers long-held secrets held by an old Amish community that possibly involve murder and some highly respected people from her own town. Kate will stop at nothing to recover the little girl even if it costs her own life in the process.

I am continually fascinated by the mysteries that Castillo develops for Kate Burkholder. The setting of Amish country is lovely. I am so glad that I started this series earlier this year.

message 2: by NancyJ (last edited Sep 18, 2020 03:18PM) (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5681 comments This author seems to be the clear favorite for books set in Amish communities. I know so little about this way of life. Which book of hers would you recommend most highly?

Ellen | 2234 comments Definitely start with the first of the Kate Burkholder series: Sworn to Silence. I love the characters and the culture. Don't expect a mild cozy mystery though; the murders can be quite graphic.