Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Raymond Benson
This topic is about Raymond Benson
Book Issues > Need help combining (and eliminating) titles in bibliography

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raymond (new)

Raymond Benson | 6 comments Hi-- I have many published books. On my bibliography in the "combine editions" link (https://www.goodreads.com/book/combin...) there are multiple editions of the same book listed which should be combined. In addition, there are two books listed that are by a completely different Raymond Benson ("Efficient Energy" and "Poultry Keeper") and should be taken off the list. There are also many cases in which some titles are grouped with completely different titles in the next letter of the alphabet. I guess what I'm saying is this list needs to be cleaned up. :) Thank you!

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22117 comments I have moved those two books to other profiles. Everything else seems to be in order. If there is something specific that you feel needs attention, please link to it.

message 3: by Raymond (new)

Raymond Benson | 6 comments Scott wrote: "I have moved those two books to other profiles. Everything else seems to be in order. If there is something specific that you feel needs attention, please link to it."

Hi Scott, thank you so much! Shouldn't the two books "James Bond: Choice of Weapons..." and "James Bond: The Union Trilogy..." be separated by a space? (they're two different books). The same is true of "Live at Five," "The MacGuffin," and "The Man with the Red Tattoo"... these three need line spaces between them. Also "Midsummer Night's Doom" and "Never Dream of Dying". There are two more groupings like this down the list that need line spaces between the titles ("Raymond Benson James Bond Series Books 1-3," "Raymond Benson James Bond Series Books 1-4," and "The Rock 'n' Roll Detective...") and ("You Only Live Twice II Back of Beyond" and "Zero Minus Ten"). I guess putting in the line spaces would be a more visually appealing look to the list. :) Thank you.

message 4: by Scott (last edited Sep 16, 2020 01:40PM) (new)

Scott | 22117 comments There are no line spaces between any of them. There is a line for the separate tool, but there is no point having that there is there if only one edition.

Only librarians should be looking at this page, so you shouldn't worry about how it appears.

message 5: by Raymond (new)

Raymond Benson | 6 comments Oh, okay. Thanks.