dOn’T cLiCk HeRe discussion

Books > Ryia, The Living Storm

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 50 comments Here is a story I'm currently working on, which serves as a bit of a backstory for an old character of mine that I'm revising. :)

https://www.goodreads.com/story/show/...

They are the leader of a group called 'The Elemental Knights' and each knight controls a specific element to a great degree, likely more than most in Valoria (Valoria is the world of the story, which is a medieval world of magic) however, that doesn't mean that there aren't multiple knights of each element. Some knights do receive titles from those in Valoria, whom the Elemental Knights are a legend or myth to. A few titles for example are The Draconic Inferno, and the All-seeing Shadow. (Those titles already exist for characters in the Elemental Knights however. XD) Or feel free to create other possible characters such as those in Valoria or possible threats Ryia and the Knights have faced before. :)

Any further questions about the world feel free to ask. :) And I'll try to get a template up sometime today or tomorrow. :) (Also, since I'm still revising the three chapters I currently have feel free to suggest changes or suggest some details I should go further into detail later. :) )

message 2: by Ryan (last edited Sep 16, 2020 01:07PM) (new)

Ryan | 50 comments Actually, I just realized something...

Should I make the first chapter into the prologue while turning the second and third chapters into the first chapter or just leave it as it is? :) (I'm still revising them so I'm open to suggestions on what to do with them. :) )

message 3: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 50 comments I believe I have some time this weekend so a few changes to the current chapters would likely be done over the weekend depending on when I get to do so. :)

Also if anyone doesn't know how to get to my story the link below this message will take you to it. :)

https://www.goodreads.com/story/show/...

message 4: by smile (new)

smile is taking a smiley break (smileyfox) | 788 comments Ryan wrote: "Actually, I just realized something...

Should I make the first chapter into the prologue while turning the second and third chapters into the first chapter or just leave it as it is? :) (I'm stil..."

Hm... It depends. The first chapter would probably make a good prologue, but I haven’t checked the next two chapters yet... Gimme a sec... -M

message 5: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 50 comments ᎢᎻⵇ ߓⵀⴴⵇᎦ wrote: "Ryan wrote: "Actually, I just realized something...

Should I make the first chapter into the prologue while turning the second and third chapters into the first chapter or just leave it as it is?..."

Thanks! :) I might make the change soon. :) And I'll wait for further feedback. :)

message 6: by smile (new)

smile is taking a smiley break (smileyfox) | 788 comments Ok, so are you planning on having short chapters throughout the book? I know some awesome books like that, and also others whose chapters are long. It depends on what theme you’re going for. If you want the telling to be more of a flowing story, it might be good to make it one chapter. If you want there to be a pause after the first chapter, then it’d be good as two separate ones. Does that make any sense? Sorry, my brain isn’t really functioning correctly either right now... XD -M

message 7: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 50 comments Tis fine, I might change it to the prologue then those chapters as one then maybe one after that later where other people could have possible characters in it. :) And I hope your brain recovers soon then and it does, thank you. :)

✝✝ Christina ✝✝✝ | 422 comments mine our long LOL

message 9: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 50 comments ✝✝ Christina ✝✝✝ wrote: "mine our long LOL"

Yep, XD I saw a small example and they were very long. XD Mine likely won't be as long but a decent length. :)

message 10: by smile (new)

smile is taking a smiley break (smileyfox) | 788 comments Ryan wrote: "Tis fine, I might change it to the prologue then those chapters as one then maybe one after that later where other people could have possible characters in it. :) And I hope your brain recovers soo..."

Ok, that sounds good! Haha! Thanks, School was just a bit rough today. -M

message 11: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 50 comments ᎢᎻⵇ ߓⵀⴴⵇᎦ wrote: "Ryan wrote: "Tis fine, I might change it to the prologue then those chapters as one then maybe one after that later where other people could have possible characters in it. :) And I hope your brain..."

Good. :) I'll try to post a template here soon. :) Your welcome, and I hope you both will be able to get a break or a nap soon then to rest. :)

✝✝ Christina ✝✝✝ | 422 comments Ryan wrote: "✝✝ Christina ✝✝✝ wrote: "mine our long LOL"

Yep, XD I saw a small example and they were very long. XD Mine likely won't be as long but a decent length. :)"

XD they're getting (hopefully) longer

message 13: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 50 comments Well, I hope the super long chapters work out for you then. :)

message 14: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 50 comments There we go, the chapters have been readjusted! :) I'll try to put a template here soon for future characters in the story if anyone would like to make them. :)

message 15: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 50 comments Here is the template if you want to create a character for the story, but feel free to modify it to add additional details if you want to. :)

Name:

Species:

Sexuality:

Alliance (Good, Neutral, Evil):

Appearance:

Power/Abilities:

Fatal Flaw(s):

Weapons:

Personality:

History:

Quote/s(Optional):