Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > 33k Nonfiction short stories from Brazil

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 3 comments I have a memoir of short stories about confronting a long lost parent, and how that brought me to the favelas of Brazil. The favelas are segregated communities with a complex history of hardworking people living amongst violent gang trafficking. There are themes of power, perseverance, culture, race, relationships, love and (sexual) intimacy.

The novel is complete and about 33k, written in a stanza style. I’m looking for an honest critique to know what makes sense / needs clarity, what is / is not compelling, and to understand what is evoked in the reader.

I am open to various genres to do a Beta swap. I’ve done edits, critiques and collaborative writing with partners and groups. Thanks for your consideration.

message 2: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth | 53 comments Michelle wrote: "I have a memoir of short stories about confronting a long lost parent, and how that brought me to the favelas of Brazil. The favelas are segregated communities with a complex history of hardworking..."

Hi

I've written a 50k vampire novel. If you're still interested in beta-swapping books, email me at asmadeus10@yahoo.com