ASIANS UNITE discussion

Characters > James Carstairs

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) He is half Chinese, half British. Though I am not a big fan. Thoughts?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

hmm

message 3: by Radha (new)

Radha (aftgtrash) LOVE him but not Jessa shipper tho :/

message 4: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Well, I like him, but I don't think Jessa would be good. Wessa is wayyyyyyy better!

message 5: by Radha (new)

Radha (aftgtrash) ikr! for Jessa it felt like Tessa was obliged to be by his side cause he is dying like some death wish or something

message 6: by Radha (new)

Radha (aftgtrash) it's not like she wasn't attracted to Jem but it was different with Will

message 7: by Aarja (last edited Sep 15, 2020 11:36PM) (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Ya, me too! I didn't see much. It didn't look as if Tessa loved him.
And she literally had to hurt herself to match the emotional pain she felt for Will after the confession.

message 8: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Radha wrote: "it's not like she wasn't attracted to Jem but it was different with Will"

She was attracted, but I don't think it was Love.

message 9: by Radha (new)

Radha (aftgtrash) true and she used Jem as an excuse... :(((

message 10: by Radha (new)

Radha (aftgtrash) yea it was like a crush

message 11: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Not exactly a crush, they were friends so maybe a mild liking, I guess.

message 12: by Radha (new)

Radha (aftgtrash) yep that could be it but she still ended up with Jem -_-

message 13: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Kind of...Will still got a lifetime with her

message 14: by Radha (new)

Radha (aftgtrash) it's confusing which ship was the endgame

message 15: by Radha (new)

Radha (aftgtrash) cause in Wessa survived for life 50+ years so it should be but then Jessa is an immortal ship....

message 16: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) No, Jessa wasn't immortal because Jem would die someday soon. And if we look at it from Will's POV, he lived with Tessa for the most of his lifetime, so it would be immortal for him. So I think both the ships were fulfilled.

message 17: by Radha (new)

Radha (aftgtrash) but Jem's silent brother are they not immortal ?

message 18: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) They are, but then Jem became mortal again in the epilogue.

message 19: by Radha (new)

Radha (aftgtrash) it's has not been a month n I am forgetting stuff already -_-

message 20: by Radha (new)

Radha (aftgtrash) he becomes mortal because....? I have a trash memory DX

message 21: by Radha (new)

Radha (aftgtrash) hes a character for the infernal devices

message 22: by Radha (new)

Radha (aftgtrash) u haven't read the book ?

message 23: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) James is Half British-Half Chinese, and he is a kind and calm character in Cassandra Clare's The Infernal Devices series.

message 24: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Radha wrote: "he becomes mortal because....? I have a trash memory DX"

Because of some heavenly fire, I guess. I only read TID, nothing else of the Shadow World.

message 25: by Radha (new)

Radha (aftgtrash) he didn't get the cure tho did he ?

message 26: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) He did when he became a Silent Brother. Then, he turned mortal, and the yin fen wasn't there anymore. But he might still die of old age.

message 27: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Well, I read Infernal Devices first, and now I'll be reading Mortal Instruments. But reading Mortal Instruments first should be better. Then you can also buddy read with me if you decide to read it!

message 28: by Radha (new)

Radha (aftgtrash) well there isn't any need cause TID is set way before the incidents of TMI so nothing will be spoilt

message 29: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Yes, except the epilogue, I guess?

message 30: by Lily (new)

Lily (geniuswannabe) But dont you all feel bad for Jem?
I did... I mean he loved her almost as much as Will and then asks her to marry him and she AGREES... so I feel as though will and tessa cheated him for some reason. :(

message 31: by Ambalika (new)

Ambalika Yeah! Wasn't she kind of cheating by kissing Will and all that? I don't remember if they stopped when Tessa verified her relationship with Jem.

message 32: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) But...well I think that Tessa didn't show any sign of love for him....it was as if it's unrequited love from his side...and Tessa just did it because she was obliged that he is going to die...because Tessa didn't show any signs of love, only liking...

message 33: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) Ambalika wrote: "Yeah! Wasn't she kind of cheating by kissing Will and all that? I don't remember if they stopped when Tessa verified her relationship with Jem."

She did, it was when she thought that Jem had really (view spoiler). And anyway, it wasn't Will's fault...she only asked him once they got to know..so...

message 34: by Ambalika (new)

Ambalika Aarja wrote: "But...well I think that Tessa didn't show any sign of love for him....it was as if it's unrequited love from his side...and Tessa just did it because she was obliged that he is going to die...becau..."
True, I agree.