Nonfiction Nerds discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > November 2020 Alternative Choice!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daria, Winging this mod thing! (new)

Daria Zeoli (dariazeoli) | 267 comments Mod
Maybe you don’t want to read something political. Or maybe you want to double up on your nonfiction! Here’s our alternate nomination thread for November.

The topic: pop culture. Let’s keep this alternate read light! Humor is a plus.

See a nom you’d like to second? Comment with a +1 and the title. This thread will be open till September 30 or till we have a lot of +1’d noms, whichever comes first.

message 3: by Marta (new)

Marta (gezemice) | 79 comments I have Because Internet: Understanding the New Rules of Language on my list which is supposed to be humorous.

message 4: by Amy (last edited Sep 16, 2020 07:30AM) (new)

Amy (amybf) | 129 comments I've already read it but I'd be open to reading it again for the discussion:

So You've Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson. It kind of scared the crap out me, to be honest...

Also Brand Thinking and Other Noble Pursuits

or

Dish: The Inside Story on the World of Gossip

(mostly because I already own them and need a push to clear one off my shelves!)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

+1 for both Because Internet and Dish (because I already own both 😊)

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth | 2 comments The Birth of Korean Cool: How One Nation is Conquering the World Through Pop Culture

This book is 6 years old, but K-Pop is still going strong.

message 7: by Barbara (The Bibliophage) (last edited Sep 17, 2020 04:46AM) (new)

Barbara (The Bibliophage) (barbarathebibliophage) | 67 comments +1 for Because Internet

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 18 comments +1 for Because Internet and The Birth of Korean Cool

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.