Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive - Buddy Reads 2020 > Young Adult Fiction - October 2020

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6056 comments Mod
The group voted to read the Young Adult Fiction nominee The Fountains of Silence in October. The winner for this genre was Five Feet Apart. Have you read any of the other nominees for this award? Which have you read and what did you think? Which was your favorite?

Do you plan to read any of them in the future? How about setting up a buddy read of one that you are interested in this month? Use this thread to discuss and find a buddy!

Schedule buddy reads here, then set up a separate thread to discuss.

message 3: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6056 comments Mod
I have read The Grace Year and thought it was really excellent. It was like a mashup of The Handmaid's Tale and Lord of the Flies, but I liked it better than either of those books.

I am interested in On the Come Up because I thought The The U Give was excellent.

I am also interested in The Fountains of Silence because I really like Ruta Sepetys's writing.

With the Fire on High and Five Feet Apart are both maybes for me.

message 4: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 872 comments I also read The Grace Year and loved it! I listened on audible and it was excellent.

I am also looking at Birthday, Opposite of Always and Five Feet Apart.
I am so behind on everything, I don't know when I will get to any of these. :)

message 5: by Savanes, Moderator (new)

Savanes | 2048 comments Mod
I read the Grace year too and I loved it. I also read the fountains of silence and though I really enjoyed it, it was not my favorite from this author.