Promote Children's Books discussion

I Dreamed About a Hippopotamus in a Lipstick Factory
I Dreamed About a Hippopotamus in a Lipstick Factory

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new) - added it

Anne Braun | 3 comments Hello! So happy to be a part of this group sharing stories and experiences. So thrilled to share my self-published books. The first, "I Dreamed About a Hippopotamus in a Lipstick Factory" is the first in a series helping young children dealing with impactful life changes. This series was inspired by my daughter.

I have just released my second book (August 2020), "The Magic of Golf at Hook's Hideaway - Eric's Story". This is the first book in a new series to inspire reluctant readers. Through his various adventures at Hook’s Hideaway one summer, Eric learns valuable lessons about life and golf in a fun and engaging way. This series was inspired by my son.

You can find details on both books, view the teaser trailers, and download free chapters on my website: www.annebraun.ca.

message 2: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Lieberman | 2 comments sounds cool. The best book ideas come from our own experiences.

message 3: by Anne (new) - added it

Anne Braun | 3 comments Thanks, Bonnie! Even better when those experiences can help others. 🙏🏻

message 4: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Lieberman | 2 comments As a reading/ELA teacher in various settings such as an inpatient child and adolescent psychiatric hospital, kindergarten, and first-grade teacher in urban and suburban settings, it was exciting to watch kids making connections with characters and their situations. Reading books is certainly not an active activity. Thank you for writing books such as these.

message 5: by Anne (new) - added it

Anne Braun | 3 comments I am happy that others might learn from our experiences. Growing up with a learning disability, my daughter, and the inspiration for this series, has faced her share of challenges as have I in trying to support her needs. All of the topics that will be addressed in future books will have somehow impacted her and demonstrate how she worked through them or has overcome them. Other stories (some unrelated to her but things that children may be faced with) will deal with topics such as: adoption, death of a family member/critical illness, bullying, navigating friendships, the impact of social media, managing anxiety/worries, divorce/blended families, dealing with irrational fears, braces/glasses, absentee parents, struggling with learning, social skills/cues/reading body language, and adding a pet to the family. I would also like to be a resource for parents by sharing some of my strategies (on my website) that helped me work successfully with teachers at the elementary, high school, and college levels. Thanks for your support, Bonnie!