8123 reading discussion

worst books you’ve read

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lavin (new)

Lavin (lavinassad) | 17 comments Mod
not here to start wars, just wondering what books/series have stood out as really bad to you and why? would any changes have redeemed it?

message 2: by Frankie (new)

Frankie (frankie13) | 13 comments Mod
The only one I can recall really disliking is called Tangerine. I don't even have a particular reason, I was just expecting more and it felt it never really went anywhere

message 3: by Lavin (new)

Lavin (lavinassad) | 17 comments Mod
It does sound interesting from the plot description.

I just finished Breakfast of Champions and I’m honestly disappointed. I love political satire but it didn’t feel like the most well done book despite it’s popularity. I think if it didn’t use the n word so much (literally multiple times in one sentence), I would’ve liked it more, and it felt a bit unrealistic with the most annoying narrator I’ve encountered in a while haha

message 4: by Jay (new)

Jay (unapolojaytic_) | 1 comments A few months ago I saw a lot of booktok people talking about “Crush” and omg the writing was HORRENDOUS. The plot could have been good but it had a bad wattpad fan fiction feel in the way it was written. I honestly don’t understand the hype, or why in hell did the publisher buy a SEQUEL !

message 5: by Camilla (new)

Camilla Andrieto (camiafe) | 13 comments Mod
oh, I've read some horrible books, but one of my least favorites, which i couldn't even finish was The Casual Vacancy, from ~that~ author. bad writing, bad story, i just hate it

message 6: by Frankie (new)

Frankie (frankie13) | 13 comments Mod
There always seems to be one weirdly popular book around that's actually really badly written, I don't know how they do it!
I actually agree about The Casual Vanacy yeah, gave up half way too

message 7: by Camilla (new)

Camilla Andrieto (camiafe) | 13 comments Mod
Also, I have an unpopular opinion because I don't like The Book Thief as well. Not that I hate it, I just thought it was tiring as hell