What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Magyk (Septimus Heap, #1)
This topic is about Magyk
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Middle Grade Fantasy. Baby (girl) is found in the woods and brought up in secret by a poor big loving family. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Wernberg (lexithan) | 4 comments Hi,

I'm looking for what I think is a Middle grade fantasy book. I read it around 10 years or so ago.
From what I remember it's set in a medieval English inspired place.

It's about a girl who is found in the woods as a baby. She's brought up in secret by a poor, big and loving family. I think they live in a castle and I think she's pretty much hidden away in a corner (I'm not sure how this goes together with the loving family, but I think there was some sort of reason for why it was dangerous for her to be found, maybe due to being important and possibly royal?).

Minor spoiler:

She ends up being kidnapped when she is a bit older. I remember a very vivid scene with her being taken away on the river near the castle. I think she is an important person in some way. Maybe royal or similar?

message 2: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha (epicfunsize) | 78 comments Could it be Magyk?

message 3: by Alexandra (last edited Sep 24, 2020 06:16AM) (new)

Alexandra Wernberg (lexithan) | 4 comments Tabitha wrote: "Could it be Magyk?"

Yes that's it! (How do I mark this as solved?)
Also: thank you! ^^

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35395 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Alexandra. I marked it as Solved by clicking the small "edit" link after the header/topic title. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Magyk (other topics)