Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > I need a Beta Reader: Non-Fiction Election Trump

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Thomas | 3 comments I am looking for a non-fiction beta reader who is curious about the 2020 election. The book is Trump over Biden.

message 2: by Gary (new)

Gary Jones (gfjones_dvm) | 14 comments How long is your book and what is your background?
I haven't done any beta reading, but I'd be willing to give it a go if the work is not too long.
I've kept an open mind and reviewed the salient information available to me. It was a close decision, but I've decided that if the Democrats nominated a road-kill skunk with maggots crawling out its ass, I’d vote for the dead skunk, and if it won the election, I’d kiss every one of the maggots.

message 3: by A.C. (new)

A.C. | 16 comments I was going to suggest that he's got the genre wrong, that the book should be filed under horror. But what you said works.

message 4: by Christine (last edited Sep 15, 2020 08:22AM) (new)

Christine Goodnough (christinev-g) Hello John,
Your book interests me, but I was wondering if it contains technical info like allegations and investigations, and your beta reader needs to be informed on all that.

I'm a Canadian and could read it impartially, strictly for the writing part. But I don't read acerbic opinions, nor can I sort out the truth behind US political wranglings. (Can anybody? LOL) We have Conrad Black's bio of Donald Trump and Stephen Harper's analysis about why he won the last election, but I don't follow the intrigues of US politics and know little about Joe Biden.

If you'd like, you could send me the first couple of chapters and I'll comment on the writing. We can decide where-to from there.
Christine

message 5: by John (new)

John Thomas | 3 comments I made it super cheap. If you want a free copy let me know.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JLHQGNF

message 6: by Christine (last edited Sep 26, 2020 07:09AM) (new)

Christine Goodnough (christinev-g) Since your book is already live on Amazon, there's no need for a beta reader. I went over the blurb and your writing in that is faultless. As to the political position, it looks like you're doing some fiery preaching to the choir.

message 7: by Shalu (new)

Shalu Gupta | 37 comments I am looking for a beta reader for a book on world politics. let me know if it is possible.

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine Goodnough (christinev-g) Shalu wrote: "I am looking for a beta reader for a book on world politics. let me know if it is possible."
You should start a new thread to post your request. I doubt you will get any responses here.

message 9: by John (new)

John Thomas | 3 comments Yes! Why are you on my thread? lol. Christine, feedback is still welcome! :)))

message 10: by Christine (new)

Christine Goodnough (christinev-g) re: Feedback welcome
Your book blurb is so long and revealing, a person wouldn't need to read the book to know exactly where you stand. Perhaps you should give a little less away?