Self-Published Only Club discussion

Book Offers > Book Offer

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abby (new)

Abby Snodgrass | 516 comments Mod
I'm starting this thread because we all love to get books for FREE. Anytime I see an SP author offering their book for free, I'll post it here. I'll try to keep an eye out, but please, if you see one, feel free to post it here!

message 2: by Abby (new)

Ellie Aiden author of The Way Trilogy, posted on IG last night that Living The Way (book 1) is Free on Amazon today and tomorrow.

I have read books one and two and I highly recommend.

I'll continue to watch for free book opportunities. ❤

message 3: by Abby (new)

Ellie Aiden

Living the Way

Sorry I forgot to link the book & author

message 4: by Kent (last edited Sep 14, 2020 04:41PM) (new)

Kent Marrero (cristinamarrero) | 7 comments Hey! I have a giveaway happening on Kindle right now for The River: The Unsung Love Story. The story is a Queer, coming of age love story set in the Deep South at the end of the 19th century and before the coining of the term homosexual. This book was also the first novel I ever wrote and was written before coming out as transgender.

The Book Giveaway ends tomorrow night. Here is the link to Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08...

message 5: by Abby (new)

Kent wrote: "Hey! I have a giveaway happening on Kindle right now for The River: The Unsung Love Story. The story is a Queer, coming of age love story set in the Deep South at the end of the 19t..."

Oh awesome! I'll download it and share on my IG too

message 6: by Kent (new)

Kent Marrero (cristinamarrero) | 7 comments Abby wrote: "Kent wrote: "Hey! I have a giveaway happening on Kindle right now for The River: The Unsung Love Story. The story is a Queer, coming of age love story set in the Deep South at the e..."

That's super sweet! Thank you. I've left the piece as a time capsule so other than a new cover and reworking the dedication section, the book is unaltered from its un-edited second edition. I hope you enjoy it. :)

message 7: by Abby (new)

Kent wrote: "Abby wrote: "Kent wrote: "Hey! I have a giveaway happening on Kindle right now for The River: The Unsung Love Story. The story is a Queer, coming of age love story set in the Deep S..."

Downloaded and added to my TBR - I also posted the promo on IG. I'm looking forward to reading it!

message 8: by Leon (new)

Leon Stevens (leon_stevens) | 58 comments I have been been using the site StoryOrigin to distribute ARC's and review copies. I assume most of the titles are self-published.

I organized a campaign there for some Sci-fi authors:
description
New Science Fiction from New Authors

If you are not sure if you like poetry, my sample eBook is always free on my website: Lines by Leon

message 9: by Matt (new)

Matt Horton Ellie Aiden us publishing the third book in The Way series, Destroying the Way this Friday! Excited to see where this one goes.

message 10: by Matt (new)

Matt Horton *is

message 11: by Abby (new)

Leon wrote: "I have been been using the site StoryOrigin to distribute ARC's and review copies. I assume most of the titles are self-published.

I organized a campaign there for some Sci-fi authors:

New Scienc..."

That's really great. I'll check it out!

message 12: by Abby (new)

Matt wrote: "Ellie Aiden us publishing the third book in The Way series, Destroying the Way this Friday! Excited to see where this one goes."

OMG I know, I'm anxiously awaiting Friday.

message 13: by Leon (new)

Leon Stevens (leon_stevens) | 58 comments Abby wrote: "That's really great. I'll check it out!."

I have found a few sites for readers to get ARC's

The other review copy site that I used for my poetry book: https://voraciousreadersonly.com

I had 20 readers sign up (2 unsubscribed from my newsletter), 9 downloaded the book, and 3 left reviews. Not great stats but the staff seemed concerned about the low number of reviews, so they said the would do a follow-up. I din't expect that, so I was impressed.

StoryOrigin is a little more interactive for authors to create giveaways and to promote each other through their newsletters. You can also vet your review requests and accept/decline based on their completion stats.

One more I have used is: https://booksprout.co , based out of the UK. I got my first 2 reviews from there.

message 14: by E.S. (new)

E.S. Hazard (eshazard) | 9 comments Here is a link to a FREE eBook (mobi)

Witchcraft, Premonitions & the Emerald Globe Caper

Any feedback or reviews are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

message 15: by Abby (new)

E.S. wrote: "Here is a link to a FREE eBook (mobi)

Witchcraft, Premonitions & the Emerald Globe Caper

Any feedback or reviews are greatly appreciated. Thank you."

Thank you for sharing. I'll add it to my list ❤

message 16: by Leon (new)

Leon Stevens (leon_stevens) | 58 comments I mentioned before that I was using StoryOrigin for some promotion. I organized a new campaign for authors to give away free samples of their writing:
description
https://storyoriginapp.com/to/ZKLWN6o

There are 14 titles as of today. Again, I assume that most of the titles are self published.
I would be interested in your feedback as a reader if you check it out.

message 17: by Abby (new)

Leon wrote: "I mentioned before that I was using StoryOrigin for some promotion. I organized a new campaign for authors to give away free samples of their writing:

https://storyoriginapp.com/to/ZKLWN6o

There ..."

Leon, I just checked it out. That's really a neat idea. I wasn't familiar with any of the authors featured, so I'm excited to come across new to me work. I even added a couple to my TBR, and requested a preview of Hood. I'm a sucker for an awesome cover!

message 18: by Leon (new)

Leon Stevens (leon_stevens) | 58 comments Abby wrote: "Leon, I just checked it out. That's really a neat idea. I wasn't familiar with any of the authors featured, so I'm excited to come across new to me work. ..."

When I started writing, I didn't know that writing a book was the easy part. Marketing is by far the most difficult, especially as a new/unknown author. There are a plethora of avenues and sites to get one's work noticed, some have worked better than others.

Glad that you were able to find something!

message 19: by Abby (new)

Leon wrote: "Abby wrote: "Leon, I just checked it out. That's really a neat idea. I wasn't familiar with any of the authors featured, so I'm excited to come across new to me work. ..."

When I started writing, ..."

I can't imagine how hard that must be. It's one reason I started this group. I hope the group continues to grow and we can help give self-published authors exposure!

message 20: by Leon (new)

Leon Stevens (leon_stevens) | 58 comments Appreciate it!

message 21: by Mel (new)

Mel Baker (themelbaker) | 75 comments FYI - The author that it looks like we'll be reading her series in the 4th quarter, opened up her launch team again. I signed up and already received an ARC. She is also doing a giveaway for a $10 amazon gift card for anyone that signs up this weekend.

Here is the link https://linktr.ee/ellieaiden82

message 22: by Abby (new)

Mel wrote: "FYI - The author that it looks like we'll be reading her series in the 4th quarter, opened up her launch team again. I signed up and already received an ARC. She is also doing a giveaway for a $10 ..."

Haha awesome. I already joined, but I hope your post will bring in some new members too. She really is one of the best SP authors I've read.

message 23: by Mel (new)

Mel Baker (themelbaker) | 75 comments Abby wrote: "Mel wrote: "FYI - The author that it looks like we'll be reading her series in the 4th quarter, opened up her launch team again. I signed up and already received an ARC. She is also doing a giveawa..."

Awesome!

message 24: by Abby (new)

Heads up - Micah's Goodbye will be FREE this weekend only. I will be downloading it, I've seen some great reviews on it. I hope you will add it to your TBR list.

Micah's Goodbye

message 25: by Trana (new)

Trana Mathews (tranamathews) | 72 comments My first novel, The Mathews Family will be a free ebook download for Kindle on October 15th and 16th. It is early American historical fiction that is a blend of fact and fiction based on the lives of my ancestors. It includes transcripts of actual letters between family members during the period 1776-1798. I would love for others to read and post reviews!

message 26: by Abby (new)

Trana wrote: "My first novel, The Mathews Family will be a free ebook download for Kindle on October 15th and 16th. It is early American historical fiction that is a blend of fact and fiction bas..."

That sounds interesting Trana. I'll get it added

message 27: by Abby (new)

I haven't seen any free offers the last couple days, so I thought I would let you know about a giveaway. @ellieaiden82 is giving away an e-copy of her new book A Fairy Awesome Story every day between now and the release on October 30th. To enter, visit her Instagram page and look for the Countdown Giveaway. You can also find it on my IG stories by following me @grass_and_books

I just finished this book and I have to say, I freaking loved it! Its a Fantasy Reverse-Harem. A Fairy Awesome Story