Goodreads Reviewers' Group discussion

A book review group on facebook for indie authors

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michele (new)

Michele Ceron | 89 comments Are you looking for a place where you can get together with other self published indie authors to read and review each other's books? Then join us!

Our group asks that you dont just advertise your book but you find someone else's book to purchase, read and then give an HONEST review. HONEST REVIEWS ONLY! Even if you have to give a bad review. All genres are welcome!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/39126...

message 2: by Tenkara (new)

Tenkara Smart | 91 comments I want to join the group but when I click on the link, I get an error message - can you send to me or give me the name of the facebook account? Thanks :) tenkarasmart@yahoo.com

message 3: by Muhammad (new)

Muhammad Bilal | 9 comments Hello,
Your given link is not openoing.

message 4: by Muhammad (new)

Muhammad Bilal | 9 comments Hello,
The link you've shared is not working.

message 6: by Michele (new)

Michele Ceron | 89 comments yup, its working now!

message 7: by Keith (new)

Keith Gell | 12 comments Muhammad wrote: "Hello,
Your given link is not openoing."

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085XN8XG9

message 8: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Mills | 11 comments I'm new to good reads. I'm a children's author of Mr. Broccoli a book on nutrition for children with fun imaginative superhero veggie characters.
I would like to seek reviews for my book "Mr. Broccoli, from a series of up and coming books of Veggie Adventures.

Mr. Broccoli is the tale of a young boy, Jacob, who is feeling sad and fed up. Through discovering the health benefits of eating his greens, he becomes stronger and more confident. Anti-bullying is also an important theme in the story, to help children learn to respect others and feel more confident in themselves. Mr Broccoli is a character who already has that confidence, and later becomes a role model figure.

The book is available on Amazon Kindle:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Broccoli-Veg...

If anyone is interested to read and share their review on Goodreads and Amazon, I can send the PDF copy directly.

message 9: by Wish (new)

Wish Ronquillo Peacocke (wishblizz) | 10 comments Awesome, thanks for this!

message 10: by Jane (new)

Jane Shand (janeshand) | 9 comments This FB group is a really good idea. However, they could really do with some new people and new books to read. I think the ones who have been there the longest have probably all read each others books by now! It will stop being active and fail if a few new people don't join. I have joined and I hope it remains active.

message 11: by Michele (new)

Michele Ceron | 89 comments Hi Jane, I'm the admin of the group. Actually most of the people on there havent read any books and most of the books havent been read. Participation is nill. Been trying to get people to participate but most wont. Pick whichever book you want. You can ask me if its already been read or reviewed, most likely I will know if it has.

message 12: by Keith (new)

Keith Gell | 12 comments Michele wrote: "Hi Jane, I'm the admin of the group. Actually most of the people on there havent read any books and most of the books havent been read. Participation is nill. Been trying to get people to participa..."

Hi Michele

I have a fantasy book up for review on this group (The Telepathy Office), and I would be interested in reviewing a book. But the only sort of fiction I read is fantasy. I don't see any point in reviewing a book from genre I don''t enjoy.

I had a similar issue when I went to a writers club. I would read my novel to the blank faces of other writers who did not enjy fantasy. I am sure I gave the same expression listening to their gangster stories.

message 13: by Michele (new)

Michele Ceron | 89 comments What kind of fantasy? There was a book in there that I recommended to you.

It's hard for me to comprehend only liking or reading 1 kind of genre. I personally read virtually every genre.

message 14: by Keith (new)

Keith Gell | 12 comments Michele wrote: "What kind of fantasy? There was a book in there that I recommended to you.

It's hard for me to comprehend only liking or reading 1 kind of genre. I personally read virtually every genre."

Terry Pratchett/Neil Gaimon type fantasy. I also read sci-fi, such as Hitchhikers guide. Also a bit of horror. But No YA. If I can help an indy author out, and also this group, which I would like to see succeed, then I will. What I won't do is buy, read and review a book that I think might not appeal to me, because I want to say in the review that I enjoyed the book. Please advise me if you see a book that seems to fit me. I will buy and review it if there is a fighting chance I can honestly recommend it for 5 stars. And also thanks Michele, for working on this group.

message 15: by Michele (new)

Michele Ceron | 89 comments the point of the group is to not give a 5 star review but to give an honest review, even if that review is 2 stars. But I understand not wanting to purposely read a book you know you wont enjoy. But if you read a book from the group that you THINK you will enjoy and still dont like it, give an honest not good review is what I ask

message 16: by Iulia (new)

Iulia Bocaneala (iuliabocanealaauthor) | 11 comments Yes I would like to join, and please let me know If you like a free review copy of my new book, The Heart Of An Eye?
If so, just let me know if you would like a PDF, .mobi, or .epub version and I’ll be happy to send it over.
Thanks!