Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Book Descriptions Don't Describe the Books?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kris (new)

Kris (theeclecticbookworm) | 2 comments There are a lot of these -- I'm only just now getting around to asking about whether or not it can or should be corrected?

This edition of "Celebrated Crimes" by Alexandre Dumas (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...) has the following description: "This book was converted from its physical edition to the digital format by a community of volunteers. You may find it for free on the web. Purchase of the Kindle edition includes wireless delivery."

I've seen dozens of books with this, or a similar, description, rather than the more informative description that's present for most of the other editions of the same book. Is there some way to fix that? Or should I care?

(Hope I'm doing this right.)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6559 comments Those are the descriptions imported from Amazon. I try to change them when I see them. This would be a huge project, so if you wanted to report and link them, you should probably do so in a dedicated thread in the "Looking for a Project" folder.

Sometimes that description ends up being the default description, meaning it populates the description field on any edition not already having a description. If you decide to report them, it would be helpful to link not only to the book with the "converted" description, but also one that has a good description that could be the default.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris (theeclecticbookworm) | 2 comments Ah HA! I did a little digging, but didn't go far enough. I can totally do that! Thanks! :-)