Diversity in All Forms! discussion

Monthly Book Suggestions > Autobiography/biography (October 2020)

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mariah Roze (last edited Sep 13, 2020 07:43AM) (new)

Mariah Roze (mariahroze) | 1408 comments Mod
Please suggest books for October that fit our theme/topic: Autobiography/biography

You have till 9/20/20.

message 2: by Kundan (new)

Kundan Sakargayen | 1 comments Shoe dog by Phil knight

message 3: by Mariah Roze (last edited Sep 13, 2020 10:02AM) (new)

Mariah Roze (mariahroze) | 1408 comments Mod
After She Said Yes by Kaya Gravitter After She Said Yes by Kaya Gravitter

dejsiab from my liver to yours by Mai Neng Vang dejsiab: from my liver to yours

Sigh, Gone A Misfit's Memoir of Great Books, Punk Rock, and the Fight to Fit In by Phuc Tran Sigh, Gone

Revenge of the Asian Woman by Dorothy Chan Revenge of the Asian Woman

Too Much and Never Enough How My Family Created the World's Most Dangerous Man by Mary L. Trump Too Much and Never Enough

Untamed by Glennon Doyle Untamed

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Rigg | 131 comments "Rabbit: The Autobiography of Ms. Pat"

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 5: by Michaela (new)

Michaela | 153 comments Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming . Also available as audiobook read by himself.

message 6: by Michaela (new)

Michaela | 153 comments I recently read this one, but can recommend Narrative of the Life of Fredrick Douglass by Fredrick Douglass .

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Rigg | 131 comments Michaela wrote: "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee An Indian History of the American West by Dee Brown Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West by Dee Brown" "Bury My Heart" is excellent but not a biography.

message 12: by Michaela (new)

Michaela | 153 comments Sarah wrote: "Michaela wrote: "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee An Indian History of the American West by Dee Brown Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West by [autho..."

Of course, sorry.

message 14: by Mary (new)

Mary Shaw | 2 comments Mariah Roze wrote: "Please suggest books for October that fit our theme/topic: Autobiography/biography

You have till 9/20/20."

I am rereading "A long way gone" ishmael Beah memoires of a child soldier in Sierra Leone. It is a hybrid of an autobiography and a book set in an Africian country. Two birds with one stone so to speak:)

message 15: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Stone (sylviastonebooks) | 3 comments Seeing The Forest Through The Trees by Sylvia Stone.