What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's Fiction-set of 4 books about a group of girls who are friends and their adventures growing up, each book is about a different season (spring, summer, etc.)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Swartz | 1 comments Read these books around 2006, not sure when they were published. Unsure of time period they take place, but the girls wore dresses all the time so probably early 1900's. There were three or four girls, elementary school age, one had red curly hair. Each book takes place in a different season. I believe the spring one they are all bridesmaids in a wedding. Other pieces I can remember are picking strawberries, a fourth of july celebration, going to school, and making cupcakes for a bake sale. Were not picture books, fairly certain they had chapters.

message 2: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2178 comments The closest I've found so far is The Melling Sisters series by Robin Klein, which has bridesmaids in the autumn-themed second book, Dresses of Red and Gold. They're set in 1940s Australia, though, so wouldn't include 4th July celebrations.