What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Now we'll never know > Adult Time Travel. Main character tries to change the past, stop Lee Harvey Oswald from killing JFK. Cover: possibly magic mirror and clock? Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert (ricroscupshigh) | 342 comments 11.22.63, by Stephen King?

"What if you could go back in time and change the course of history? What if the watershed moment you could change was the JFK assassination? 11.22.63, the date that Kennedy was shot - unless....

King takes his protagonist Jake Epping, a high school English teacher from Lisbon Falls, Maine, 2011, on a fascinating journey back to 1958 - from a world of mobile phones and iPods to a new world of Elvis and JFK, of Plymouth Fury cars and Lindy Hopping, of a troubled loner named Lee Harvey Oswald and a beautiful high school librarian named Sadie Dunhill, who becomes the love of Jake's life - a life that transgresses all the normal rules of time.

With extraordinary imaginative power, King weaves the social, political and popular culture of his baby-boom American generation into a devastating exercise in escalating suspense."

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35345 comments Mod
Karen, that's a good start. Copy the genre (e.g., adult science fiction, fantasy, thriller) and more plot details from your message #1 to the topic header/title, so someone can recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 3: by Kris (new)

I added some details to the header/topic title, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Feel free to edit it.

How does he travel back in time?

Around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine. This will help us narrow down the search.

message 4: by Lalu (last edited Sep 26, 2020 07:57AM) (new)

Lalu | 3 comments Reminds me a lot of the 2nd season of Netflix's Umbrella Academy. Could you have read the comic books that the series is based on?
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas

message 5: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 210 comments A Bridge of Years by Robert Charles Wilson?

message 6: by chvang (new)

chvang | 3 comments Could this be the cover?

https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/comp...

Did he have to go back in time and stop himself from preventing the assassination of Bobby Kennedy because he (I'm not sure of this) headed a committee investigating time travel (they found a Coca Cola bottle at Pompey).

message 7: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 210 comments A Time to Remember by Stanley Shapiro?

message 9: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 210 comments Thanks for adding the links, Rosa! I was on my phone and not able to do so.

message 10: by Kris (new)

OP (original poster) account is deleted. Moving to the "Now we'll never know" folder.

Thanks Becca.