Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Two author profiles - same author.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 11 comments Hi, help please! I'm trying to add a review to Shirley Dickson's The Lost Children, but can see that the author profile isn't her main one (obviously a duplicate). This one only has 3 followers, whereas the main Shirley Dickson's has 81 followers. Also on this one, there are only 2 books showing, when she has written more (and these are showing on the other author profile). I would usually combine the two books, but it's not letting me (I assume as there is only one copy of the book on the 3 follower profile, and I can't add a copy of the book onto the main profile as the ASIN is already used!)

I hope this makes sense? What do I do? Obviously the two books on the 3 follower profile need to be combined with the 81 follower profile, as this is obviously the right profile to use. I've put a link to the book I'm trying to sort!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 11 comments Also, there are a lot of books on this profile which have been written by a Shirley Dickson, but I don't think it's the same author. Obviously where the confusion has arisen, and The Lost Children and The Outcast Girls have been added to the wrong author. The correct author profile these books should be under is:-

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 3: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8670 comments Sharon wrote: "Also, there are a lot of books on this profile which have been written by a Shirley Dickson, but I don't think it's the same author. Obviously where the confusion has arisen, and The Lost Children ..."

reviewing these

message 4: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8670 comments Sharon wrote: "Also, there are a lot of books on this profile which have been written by a Shirley Dickson, but I don't think it's the same author. Obviously where the confusion has arisen, and The Lost Children ..."

these are corrected

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 11 comments Aw, Suzi, aren't you wonderful!! Thank you very much :-) x