Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > adding book to profile

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D. (new)

D. Rose (authordorse) | 25 comments thanks!

message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8670 comments 1. Goodreads differentiates between authors of the same name with spaces before the last name.

2. Your author profile has 2 spaces: D.^^Rose where the ^ equals a space.

3. It is very helpful to mention that your profile is the 2 space profile when asking for assistance.

4. Even though the title is in the subject, it is very helpful to provide a link to the work in question in your message.

message 3: by M (last edited Sep 12, 2020 07:10AM) (new)

M Mallon (kyrosmagica) | 12 comments Hi could you please add me to the following book. I tried to add it but it got messed up so could you also delete the entry for pellbound under my name that I created. Apologies. I should be added as a contributor to Spellbound Horror Anthology by Dan Alatorre ASIN: B08DM83XKR under my author name M J Mallon: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23813 comments #3 Added you and the other authors to the anthology. Couldn't see a messed up edition, if its still here could you please link it.

message 5: by D. (new)

D. Rose (authordorse) | 25 comments Suzi wrote: "1. Goodreads differentiates between authors of the same name with spaces before the last name.

3. It is very helpful to m..."

I was unaware of the two space thing? I'm not sure why or how that happened. Maybe if I knew that, I would've mentioned it in my request. But thanks for your help.

message 6: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8670 comments D. wrote: "Suzi wrote: "1. Goodreads differentiates between authors of the same name with spaces before the last name.

3. It is very..."

All authors with names that are used more than once have that. It happened when GR support set up your profile, and should stay.