What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Gallery of Wonders (Magora #1)
This topic is about The Gallery of Wonders
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Tween/Teen Fantasy about a girl who discovers a magickal world. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by DragonLadyYT (new)

DragonLadyYT | 9 comments remember a lot about this book. To save time the girl will be referenced as Jane even though that's not her name in the book. Jane is essentially treated like Cinderella, constantly screamed at by her - I believe - foster mother. Jane's only comfort in life is her grandfather who has recently passed away. She goes to his old house with some friends and finds a painting in which she goes to basically Hogwarts School of Witches and Wizardry but for art students. One of her friends is a Tracer. They have subcategories apparently. In this world there are replicas of the people in the real world. Some nasty people she knows, and she's looking for her grandfather. There is a colorless guy in it, who keeps trying to do whatever to her, can't remember. I remember he was described as being black and white, his hair thin if not nonexistant. It is part of a series, I read several of them. I read them in 2018, around the same time I began reading the Dragonfriend series. Sorry that I'm posting in the one specific book folder, I can't find the one for series anymore.

message 2: by DragonLadyYT (new)

DragonLadyYT | 9 comments I remembered something else, her Tracer friend made a table with legs except they were purple legs that moved. There was a color wheel in one class that basically floated I think? And they used paintbrushes that were basically used as wands.

message 3: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2981 comments Possibly the Magora series by Marc Remus? The first book is The Gallery of Wonders.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Sep 12, 2020 12:53PM) (new)

Kris | 35769 comments Mod
DragonLadyYT, you posted in the correct folder. "Unsolved" is for requests about a specific book (or book series).

That's a good start. Copy more plot details from your message #1 to the topic header/title, so someone can recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

We have thousands of teen (YA) requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 5: by DragonLadyYT (new)

DragonLadyYT | 9 comments @Becca OMG TYSM that is the book. I recognize the authors name.