What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Fantasy/Mystery/Thriller: A journalist for a crappy newspaper with a good sense of smell catches wind of an ocean loving cult in NYC

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gabriel (last edited Sep 11, 2020 08:09PM) (new)

Gabriel (chartjunk) | 2 comments Pre-2010 (2009?). Genre: I'm not sure I remember. Fantasy/Mystery? I believe the cover was yellow.

SPOILERS BELOW

I believe he was a crappy journalist looking for his big break. He catches wind of some hippy water loving cult. Turns out they're an apocalyptic cult that are trying to flood Manhattan and then the world. The book ends with the implication that Godzilla or some other Lovecraftian horror is in Hudson Bay. It is NOT a horror book. I distinctly remember a scene where he's extoling his sense memory attached to smell, and he recalls the moth balls in his Grandmother's closet or something similar.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34375 comments Mod
Gabriel, what's the genre - e.g., adult thriller, fantasy, humor?

message 3: by Gabriel (new)

Gabriel (chartjunk) | 2 comments Kris wrote: "Gabriel, what's the genre - e.g., adult thriller, fantasy, humor?"

I edited it in to the post. I don't quite remember. I'm guessing modern fantasy (present day NYC with "Godzilla") and possibly thriller/mystery