What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > A short Christmas story- rich, selfish old man gives his family spiteful presents, but to his surprise, they love them.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (last edited Sep 11, 2020 08:29PM) (new)

Kimberly Noles | 6 comments A short Christmas story- rich, selfish old man gives his family spiteful presents, but to his surprise, they love them. I remember he gives his sister a pair of ice skates. I read this in an anthology of short stories and for years I thought O Henry wrote it, but no. It takes place in New York, in the 20's or 30's.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33505 comments Mod
Kimberly, that's a good start. Copy the genre (e.g., children or teen fiction?) and plot details from your message #1 to the topic header/title, so someone can recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

-- What is the story's time period and location?
-- Did you read this short story in an anthology book? (What's the common theme of the stories? Single or multiple authors?)