What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > illustrated American History Adult pub 1960s. Each page has a black and white period engraving or print or photo with a caption underneath the illustration

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrew (new)

Andrew L | 1 comments Hi!
Looking for a old illustrated American History book. It was published in the late 1960's. Each page was a black and white old engraving, print and later in the book black and white photo The back of the book had a section on all the US Presidents going up to and stopping at then President Nixon.
It was I supposed standard book size 9inch by about 6 inches and it had a red cover. It seemed rather common, years ago I would see it at church fairs and book fairs.
It showed American History warts and all, though illustrations on each page with a caption underneath. I remember one illustration of the massacre of French colonists by the Spanish in Florida, and a image of Chinese immigrants attacked by a mob in the 1870's.
Unfortunatley I don't know the author or title.
Thank You,
Andy

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33225 comments Mod
Andrew, that's a good start. Copy more plot details from your message #1 to the topic header/title, so someone can recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

-- Is this book for teens or adults?