Booktube Community 2021! discussion

Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) | 140 comments Introduce yourself by answering this question:
If you were stuck on a deserted island what book, movie, and album would you bring?

Just curious ;)

I’d probably bring...
Catching Fire!
Catching Fire😂
The catching Fire soundtrack!! (Joking)
Probably Happiness Begins by the Jonas Brothers or Romance by Camila Cabello!

message 2: by tay (new)

tay (taylor reads) (taylorangelina) | 60 comments wait this is so hard😭😂
i’d probably bring-
Acomaf by sjm since it’s pretty long lol
The Hunger Games🥰
and
DONT TRY THIS by Chase Atlantic

message 3: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) | 140 comments Lol nice😂 also Taylor if you know anyone on here that’s a booktuber feel free to add them! If you can’t then send me the link :) we’ll take as many people as we can😂

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

haha Zoe I absolutely LOVE catching fire! (In my opinion its better than the first one. Although, I have yet to read Mockingjay.)

Book: Scythe (It's something I feel like I'd re-read often)

Movie: The Parent Trap (The Lindsay Lohan one)

Album: Hamilton

message 5: by tay (new)

tay (taylor reads) (taylorangelina) | 60 comments @Zoe okay i will. well i’ll try😂

message 6: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) | 140 comments @taylor No worries if you can’t though🙂

@Nikki I totally agree!! And yes I love it!!

message 7: by Claire (new)

Claire  (bookishpotatoes) (clairelundin) | 3 comments Hiii I’m Claire from bookishpotatoes!
I’d bring Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (I’ll never get tired of reading it over and over again) and Folklore by Taylor Swift because I can’t.stop.listening.
I’m weird, I don’t have a favourite movie, but I do have my go to’s...for a deserted island, maybe Mamma Mia? Fun ABBA times and I could pretend I’m just in Greece 😂

message 8: by tay (new)

tay (taylor reads) (taylorangelina) | 60 comments @Adela wow i didn’t even think to bring a survival book. that’s probably the smartest option😂

message 9: by tay (new)

tay (taylor reads) (taylorangelina) | 60 comments @Claire fangirl🥰😌😂

message 10: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) | 140 comments @Adela let’s just pretend there is a TV...😂

@Claire folklore!!! Yes! And mamma Mia would be so perfect!

message 11: by Em (last edited Sep 12, 2020 10:52PM) (new)

Em (emreadsromancee) | 4 comments HELLO FRIENDS!!!! It is I, Em (or miranda) from BookishPotatoes
okay wow Zoe these questions are hard but I am going to go with my gut...
Book: ACOMAF
Movie: Christmas with the Kranks
Music: THIS ONE IS SO HARD OK I AM GOING WITH X Ambassadors last album
wow wait this was so hard I am stressed already I don't like my answers STRESS

message 12: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) | 140 comments Haha😂 you’re welcome to do 2 books/movies/albums if you’d like cause it was hard for me too😂 But those are good picks :)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

hey guys! I had to delete my channel for complicated reasons, so I have to leave this group. (I’m not sure if this comment will still show up after I leave idk)

message 14: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) | 140 comments Oh no Nikki! You don’t have to get off this group if you don’t want! I’ll miss you and your channel :(

message 15: by Skyler (new)

Skyler (skyler13) | 6 comments Hi!!! I'm Skyler! (Skyler Reads on YouTube)
If I was on a deserted island I would bring...
Book: Song of Achilles
Movie: Clueless
Album: The Emancipation of Mimi by Mariah Carey! lol

message 16: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) | 140 comments Hey Skyler! I still have to watch Clueless!! It’s on the top of my list! I’m a bit embarrassed I haven’t watched it😂

message 17: by Skyler (new)

Skyler (skyler13) | 6 comments Zoe wrote: "Hey Skyler! I still have to watch Clueless!! It’s on the top of my list! I’m a bit embarrassed I haven’t watched it😂"

Omg it's so fun! It's such a feel-good movie haha

message 18: by Erika (new)

Erika (airwalker) | 3 comments Hey! I’m Erika!

Book: Watership Down
Movie: Lord of the Rings Trilogy (it counts because mine all came in one dvd case)
Album: Tah-Da by Scissor Sisters

message 19: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) | 140 comments Hi Erika! And welcome :)

message 20: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtnoodles) Oh no this is hard:

Book: Super obscure, but probably The Sidhe by Charlotte Ashe
Movie: The HSM trilogy maybe?
Album: one of Taylor Swift's albums. Maybe Speak now. I don't know.

message 21: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) | 140 comments Yesss that’s great!

message 22: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (almostasandwich) | 4 comments My name is Rachel and I’m going to start a book channel soon. I would bring one of the Percy Jackson books. As for the movie probably The Dark Knight Rises. The album would be appetite for destruction

message 23: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) | 3 comments Hiii! I am Aarja, but most of you probably know me, lol.
If you were stuck on a deserted island what book, movie, and album would you bring?
Are you kidding me?! Anyways, I'll try and answer but then we might get out of that island ;)
Book: Catching Fire (love love love <33)
Movie: Catching Fire (Haven't watched it but herad it's the best XD)
Album: Folklore by Taylor Swift. I love both of them (Folklore and Tay-Tay) equally!!

Oh, and also, I haven't started my booktube YET, I am going to :)

message 24: by Aarja (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) | 3 comments heard*

message 25: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf) (melsbookshelf) | 2 comments Hi Everyone! It's coming towards the end of the year but I have time to join! :)

Book: Daughter of the Forest
Movie: Contact or Arrival or Interstellar (Notice a theme???)
Album: The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails (ALL THE FEELS)

I have been posting on my blog and GR for years but am TOTALLY new to booktube! And it is SCARY!
Can I post the link here? It's https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWkq...

Thanks for having me! :)

message 26: by Spens (new)

Spens (Sphynx Reads) (sphynxreads) | 8 comments Hi!! My name is Spencer from Sphynx Reads and here are my answers.

Book: A Monster Calls
Movie: La La Land or Interstellar
Album: The Chronicles of Narnia soundtrack

Just started booktube last week!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpkg...

Excited to get to know you all!

message 27: by lily (new)

lily reads and other things (lilyreadsandotherthings) | 2 comments hey! I'm lily! and my answers are
percy Jackson
frozen 2
and Hamilton!!

thanks for inviting me!

message 28: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) | 140 comments The Narnia soundtrack is gorgeous!

And yesss PJO!

Welcome guys!

message 29: by Daniela (new)

Daniela García (danielagarcia) | 4 comments Hello! My name is Daniela, but I like it when people call me Dani.

I would bring with me:
Book: Mística Natural by Guadalupe Cuahonte
Movie: The Parent Trap (I never get tired of it!)
Album: Woah, this is so hard, but right now it would be any album by Justin Bieber or One Direction

I recently started posting videos in Spanish but with subtitles because I intend to be a bridge between Spanish and English booktubers. I hope you join me on this ride 😀, my channel is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTcT...

message 30: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) | 140 comments That’s great! Welcome!

Brittany (Literarily Smitten) (literarilysmitten) | 63 comments This is hard!

But HI! I'm Brittany, (Literarily Smitten on Booktube), and I started my channel back in July.

Book: The Mists of Avalon
Movie: The English Patient
Album: One of Ella Fitzgerald's albums, but I can't decide which... lol

message 32: by STUTI ☾ (new)

STUTI ☾ (blobbieakastuti) Hiya!!, I'm Stuti.
I'd bring PJO & HOo.
My whole music playlist.
And a blanket

message 33: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) | 140 comments Welcome!

message 34: by Braden (new)

Braden Eugene (bradeneugene) | 1 comments Hello! I’m braden my channel is Braden’s All About Books, my fav genre is Romance, but I’m slowly getting into Thrillers!

message 35: by Sid_rw (new)

Sid_rw | 10 comments Hello, Sid here, just joined!

Only one book and only one film? I probably have about 2000 or more to choose from if I add them all up. Not an easy choice, but for now, let's say Complete works of Shakespeare (if that's not cheating), Blade Runner and Sheherazade for the album.

Youtube has such a diversity of uses, it's only recently via goodreads I've discovered how passionately people can review their current reads! I'm not a content producer myself, but certainly will enjoy appreciating what producers are putting out there with thanks :)

Take care and happy reading, everyone!

message 36: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) | 140 comments Welcome guys!

message 37: by Sid_rw (new)

Sid_rw | 10 comments Zoe wrote: "Welcome guys!"

Thanks for the warm welcome, Zoe - I look forward to enjoying your new video later today :)

message 38: by Books Yada Yada (new)

Books Yada Yada (booksyadayada) | 1 comments Hello! I'm new to this group. Nice to meet you all! Looking forward to checking out your channels! Here is my channel url.
https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOKSYadaYada

message 39: by Bethany (new)

Bethany (bethanywiththenextchapter) | 1 comments Hey everyone. I'm excited to find you all! I started booktube just a couple of months ago. You can find me at Bethany with The Next Chapter https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa29...

I'm super excited to join and get advice from you all!

message 40: by Katharine (new)

Katharine Francis (emilylarson) | 180 comments If you’re a reader, reviewer, or writer of horror, mystery thriller, and paranormal check out Year of the Author on YouTube. Don't worry, I do review other genres like fantasy and YA books so there is a little bit of everything. I also do in depth reviews and read alongs of Authortubers, Booktubers, and Horrortubers books as well as horror movie reviews and writing advice and live stream writing sprints.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7w...

message 41: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) | 48 comments I just scrolled to the top. wow. I'd definitely choose the book: the forty Rules of Love, movie:hunger games and album: lol idk. just a playlist of my favourite songs haha

message 42: by Sara S. (new)

Sara S.  | 3 comments Hi, I am Sara Sohail from the channel Sara S.

1. I would probably bring ACOTAR. It's fun, fast-paced, and slightly smutty and on a deserted island, I would want something that keeps me engrossed and in high spirits. And daydreaming about Rhysand seems to be that way :)

2. A feel-good movie like The Terminal, Set it Up or maybe The Hunger Games, to remind myself that at least I am not stuck on an island with bloodthirsty monkeys.

3. Probably Red by Taylor Swift. I absolutely love that album.

message 43: by Reesha (new)

Reesha  (For the love of Classics) (fortheloveofclassics) | 2 comments If I were stuck on a deserted island:

1. The book I would bring would be The Forsyte Saga because its very long and I can take my time reading it.
2. The movie I would bring would be North and South BBC mini series.
3. Album? Probably some Bollywood one.

message 44: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) | 140 comments Welcome!!

message 45: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) | 48 comments welcome! :)

message 46: by shion (new)

shion tia ☾ (bluefruitbowl) | 1 comments hello! my name is shion (they/she) and i'm hoping to start a booktube soon to help me stay in the groove and expand my reading :>

to answer the Q, f i were stuck on a deserted island i would bring...
book: the well of loneliness by radclyffe hall (yes, a bit depressing but it's a long read that i can get hooked in plus, lesbians)
movie: probably kiki's delivery service from studio ghibli, it's my all time favourite
album: hmmmm this one is really hard,,, maybe maxinquaye by tricky its just got such good songs

message 47: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) | 140 comments Welcome✨

message 48: by Liam (new)

Liam (oolevityoo) | 1 comments Hi! My name is Liam and my channel is called Levity Books.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv2I...

I'm a long-time GoodReads user and I love classics and literary fiction. I'm glad booktube channels are becoming popular and that Zoe took the initiative to start this GoodReads group! Thanks!

Book — Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace. Its a very long non-linear book, so each time I reread it on the island it would be very different!

Movie — Before Sunrise. It is like having a really good conversation with someone, and being on an island would be lonely!

Album — Far by Regina Spektor. For the stories.

message 49: by alex. (new)

alex. (alexandraramz) | 21 comments hi there! my name is Alex (she/her) and I am a new booktuber :) you can find me at https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAguQh... I post new videos every thursday @ 2:00 pm (EST) .. i read a lot of literary fiction and contemporary fiction

what book/movie/album would u bring with you on a desert island?

book: if i could bring more than one I’d bring the Goldfinch by Donna Tartt bc it would make perfect kindling to make fires to keep me warm at night ... otherwise I would probably bring Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo bc it’s brilliant and I could read it over and over

movie: the first twilight movie bc it’s hilarious and one of my all time comfort movies... plus it’s truly a cinematic masterpiece (if you disagree... ur wrong)

album: this probably changes a lot.... but right now, I would have to say Choose Your Wepon by Hiatus Kaiyote!

Lovely meeting your all :)

message 50: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) | 140 comments Welcome everyone✨

« previous 1