Play Book Tag discussion

Every Soul a Star
This topic is about Every Soul a Star
September 2020: Other Books > (Poll Ballot Tally) Every Soul a Star by Wendy Mass - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

annapi | 5068 comments This book started out slowly - I had to stop and start a few times before settling into it. But once I did it flew by pretty fast. We have three different kids' points of view telling the story, all centered on an isolated campground perfectly located to see a solar eclipse. Although each is a distinct personality, I had a bit of difficulty distinguishing one voice from another and shifting from one POV to another at times. Despite that it's a treat to watch each personality grow and change from the beginning of the book to the end, and I really wanted to find out what happens to each of them beyond the story's close.

I wish I had read this before the Aug 2017 eclipse in the US - I would probably have tried to make arrangements to be at a location where I could experience totality. (I would probably not have had the money to go, but I sure would have wanted to.) I'm gonna have to find out where and when it happens next...

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy | 8842 comments I just got this book out of the library! On Nancy’s recommendation, I thought it would be good for my kid who is studying astronomy this year. The one I’ve been talking to you guys about all day. I was planning to ask Nancy if this book was for space. Is that the tag you used it for?

message 3: by annapi (last edited Sep 11, 2020 01:45PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

annapi | 5068 comments No, I used it for blues. I have many I can use for space. I think your son would love it, Amy, and you too! Check my planning thread in the Purple Sage for the 4 tags it has. The links may have shifted, though.

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5563 comments annapi wrote: "No, I used it for blues. I have many I can use for space. I think your son would love it, Amy, and you too! Check my planning thread in the Purple Sage for the 4 tags it has. The links may have shi..."

Blues was higher then, but it will be a lot lower at the next scoring. . Amy I would select Space or maybe Cheese now.