Fairfield MFA discussion

MFA Conversations > #FridayReads

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marina (new)

Marina Lindland (marinaglindland) | 7 comments Mod
Happy Friday, everyone! What a better place to celebrate #FridayReads than our own Goodreads group. So what is everyone reading? Right now, I'm getting through "Killing Pablo: The Hunt for the World's Greatest Outlaw" by Mark Bowden.

message 2: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 1 comments I just finished “Know My Name” by Chanel Miller. An intensely powerful and beautifully written book, but it was a tough read. I’m now reading “The Unraveling of Cassidy Holmes” by Elissa R. Sloan which is about a 00s pop group like the Spice Girls and what happens when one of them is found dead 15 years later.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Sleeper | 3 comments I'm just about done with Beautiful Ruins, by Jess Walter. It's a few years old, but has been on my reading pile forever. It's well-written and a lively story. A bit snarky for me, with all its Hollywood name dropping, and there are a few stereotypes in the characters, but, I am enjoying it. It's a light read with moments of poignance.

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaniekiehl) | 2 comments During quarantine I started doing that thing where I try to read way too many books at the same time and finish none of them. Now I’m trying to go through them one at a time so I can get out of the hole I dug myself lol. Right now I’m focusing on The Dead I Know by Scot Gardner. It’s a really powerful book. I’ve read it before, but I guess I was just in the mood for a familiar favorite 🙂

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Sleeper | 3 comments Melanie wrote: "During quarantine I started doing that thing where I try to read way too many books at the same time and finish none of them. Now I’m trying to go through them one at a time so I can get out of the..."

Good idea!

message 6: by Marina (new)

Marina Lindland (marinaglindland) | 7 comments Mod
This Friday, I’m still working on “Killing Pablo” by Mark Bowden. Nonfiction usually takes me longer than usual. “Jane Eyre” is starting to fall my name from the bookshelf, but I want to finish this book before I pick up another. The struggle!!!