What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Red cover, scary story anthology found in the children's section in the mid-2000's

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carson (new)

Carson (casuallyceltic) | 1 comments Hi, first time poster.

The book was red, textured cloth cover. It probably had an illustration on the front at one time.

I remember one story was about someone wearing a (red?) scarf and going missing in a snowstorm on the British Isles.

Another story was a little girl that went missing on her family's farm but her parents could still hear her voice in their barn; kind of like the TV in Poltergeist.

One of the first stories had the phrase "death comes on swift wings" and I think it was about a mummy's curse.

I used to know exactly where it was in my local library but they've remodeled and I can't seem to find it.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Sep 11, 2020 04:23PM) (new)

Kris | 35166 comments Mod
Carson, that's a good start. Copy the genre (e.g., children's fantasy, horror?) and plot details from your message #1 to the topic header/title, so someone can recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)