Clean Reads discussion

Recommendations for clean period mysteries?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elena (new)

Elena | 87 comments Hi! Any recommendations for historical/period mysteries written by modern day authors, that are clean and good? I've seen some on Audible, but I can't find content ratings for them anywhere. Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Sean (new)

Sean | 17 comments I've said this in comments of other threads as well. My favourite period mysteries are Stephanie Barron's Jane Austen series, and Carole Nelson Douglas' Irene Adler series. They are clean with no sex, very little cursing and no graphic violence

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 196 comments mybookcave.com has what it calls a 'movie like rating system' and there are thousands of books on the site and it sends out newsletters too.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Connell (michelleconnell) | 11 comments I love the Inspector Witherspoon series by Emily Brightwell. They take place in London and the housekeeper and her staff help the inspector with his cases.

Not as old, but clean, are the Mrs. Pollifax series by Dorothy Gilman. Very delightful, especially the first where she gets hired by the CIA. I might have to read it again!

Rhys Bowen also has a good series with Molly Murphy.

I also enjoy the William Monk series by Anne Perry, but a little more violent in some. And I like all her Christmas ones, they are gentle and short.

There are a couple WWII series I like; one by Susan MacNeal and another by James Benn.

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen | 19 comments Elena wrote: "Hi! Any recommendations for historical/period mysteries written by modern day authors, that are clean and good? I've seen some on Audible, but I can't find content ratings for them anywhere. Thanks..."

Colleen Coble has great historical novels.

message 6: by Sean (new)

Sean | 17 comments Anna Faversham wrote: "mybookcave.com has what it calls a 'movie like rating system' and there are thousands of books on the site and it sends out newsletters too."

I've gone to mybookcave.com How do I enter a book to see its rating?

message 7: by Sallyavena (new)

Sallyavena | 41 comments I love all of Roseanna M White's books. She has several series that covers different historical time periods. I've loved them all!

message 8: by June (new)

June Tistskovich | 17 comments Good morning! I went on Book-cave and didn't see any ratings. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Any hints?

message 9: by Joan (new)

Joan (jomarcho1) | 30 comments June wrote: "Good morning! I went on Book-cave and didn't see any ratings. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Any hints?"

DId you put "MY" book cave or just bookcave?

message 10: by June (new)

June Tistskovich | 17 comments Just Bookcave. I'll give it another shot.

message 11: by Jess (new)

Jess Myname | 46 comments I thoroughly enjoy the lady Darby mysteries by Anna Lee Huber I think there are currently 7 or 8 books in the series. With a new one coming some time next year. I just started them over again 🙂

message 12: by Jess (new)

Jess Myname | 46 comments Also the agency series by Y.S. Lee